3M

3M Employee Reviews

Singapore51 reviews

Found 51 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,674 reviews

Systematic and strict

Good pay, but steep learning curve.Srtict protocol on safety in view that the company is dealing with many chemicals. Occasionally need to stay back after 12 hours night shift to conduct work centers meeting.

Free coffee and chocolate drinks provided, has snooker table pool, dynamic culture to adapt with.

High turn over rate, people in and out easily. The company only hires contract workers for the time being due to changes are very fast. Different region uses different systems.

Process driven, slow paced with no sense of urgency, detached management and leadership at regional level

Wouldn't recommend for go-getter and people who enjoy fast pace of work environment. Many veteran employees who are resistant to changes and leaders are detached from industry developments. Only asked to adapt but never quite innovate, does not seek to improve situation. Held many meetings to review problems but never have timeline for solutions. Reactive and not agile.

Pros

General staff welfare is great. People on general are nice.

Cons

Poor leadership, resistant to changes and process driven to the point of micro management

Work life balance

Alot of meeting and presentation. Most of the management and friends are supportive. Good culture and alot of learning . Good food and supportive. alot of time is spend on meeting and presentation . Friends and management has 2 way communication

Pros

Team building

Cons

non

Generally laid back

Lots of automy. People there generally resistant to change so hard to implement new things. Lack of a centralised system with data in multiple silos. Top management requests not realistic

good

Quite competitive pay Build very good knowledge and experience in the manufacturing industry Knowledge in Lean 6 Sigma, 5S, ISO Benefits include medical, yearly health screening, etc

good

Cons

non

Good

Was good experience working at 3m . Better leaning experience. Can learn new things good working environment. Good benefits Always have team work 3m always best.

Full of old people

Slow but i guess good work life balance. Old and not really agile anymore . Very US centric in terms of decisions made. Suitable for people who want to sit back, relax and retire

Good company

Good company to work...hv lot of benefits... good management team...cn get good chanceas to upgrade our job skills.... good enviroment.... fully sequirty

Helpful and cohesive

Office hours duty full of excitement excellent colleque really helpful processess are easy and user friendly.people are helpful and thoughtful. Love my immediate superior for her leadership skill.

encounter culture shock at workplace

As a contract worker the hardest part of the job when its hard to earn they trust and respect specially when I am different from them, not permanent staff. Then some of the job description that they required me to do is different from the actual. I was scolded when I asked question related to a job before 5pm, I was judged without a chance to explained my side.

A very good company

-Learn more about safety and health. -Handling goods with care. - Achieve customer's target and satisfaction. - Pleasant working environment - Good management

Diversity

Diversity in workplace & good work life balance Under-going SAP business transformation which was again delayed till due current economic situation.Hope that the company will be able move forward,transform fast enough to turn around

Pros

Good benefits & compensation

Cons

Too slow to react to market demands

A lot things to learn

Can improved ones set of skill but cannot master, since a lot of things to learn. Nice working environment and culture. I enjoy working in this company.

overall the people and colleauge there are nice

The company environment is good and colleague are friendly and nice. But in term of accounting system and company software , it is back date. Some process is not align to the standard

Pros

People are good

Cons

system and process is back date

Workplace culture

Changes on work process is very dynamic. Turn over is high. Company decided to retrench 2000 employees worldwide recently. Inconsistent workload Company is still currently using a very ERP system.

Pros

Nice and comfortable pantry, staff shop with staff discount

Cons

Changes of work process is too dynamic

Great Workplace

1.Strong family culture 2.Enjoyable working environment. 3.Encourages learning. 4.Several opportunities to lead projects 5.Systems are a little dated.

stable company

a MNC that with good benefits and remuneration package. the most challenging work as it is a very innovative structure. many chance for progression as there is always many project on going.

Pros

staff purchase

Cons

long working hour

Good and friendly environment

We see team spirit among the each divisions. The management is supportive our work. There is also an Industrial nurse in the plant to attend some minor body discomfort.

Productive and Team work is being observed

Being a multi company, we practice team work and collaboration. This means working with diversified environment. My typical daily life in this company will be started by meeting and will be ended by meeting. The hardest part working in this company is working with people with different working styles and of course finding the best time to schedule the meeting due to our different time zones . Through this I have learned time management and be flexible.

Pros

Discount in 3M Products

People oriented Leadership, Innovative, fun, fast pace

This is a good company to work for as it is people oriented leadership, innovative, fun and fast pace company that provide opportunity for staff to grow.

Pros

Constant learning on innovation

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 3M. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• 3M