3M

3M Employee Reviews in Yishun

a MNC that with good benefits and remuneration package. the most challenging work as it is a very innovative structure. many chance for progression as there is always many project on going.
Pros
staff purchase
Cons
long working hour
3M is a diversified technology company serving customers and communities with innovative products and services. Each of our five businesses has earned leading global market positions.To create products for the health sciences, 3M applies its unusual combination of strengths in materials science, surface characterisation, filtration and biology. Among the results: remarkably durable dental restoratives, biocompatible surgical tapes and dressings, transdermal patches for drug delivery, anti-microbial cleansers and sterilisation sensors. To 3M, sustainability includes collaborating to find better solutions. As the world population grows, particularly in emerging economies, global challenges must be addressed together to ensure we can all live healthy, fulfilling lives
Good place to work and build career. Gives respect for 3M Vision, Mission and Values. Enjoy working in 3M. Good ambience,friendly colleagues and team people are very helpful.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Long hours and stressful to meet deadline
A typical day started with back to back meetings in the morning with internal departments users. Almost every date, I am meeting vendors to discuss about my sourcing projects, negotiation and establishing contracts. Every week I made presentation on my projects status and challenges I had to every business directors and stalkholders and sharing on the deliverables.
Pros
Good staff benefits
Cons
Late night calls
Even though the environment is slightly quiet, the colleague are the one that makes you want to go work every day. Fun people to work with
Pros
Nice Colleague
Cons
Long Hours
As an Intern, I was attached to the Renewable Energy Division, assisting in reliability testing. This was a crucial step that ensures that the specifications set for manufacturing 3M solar film products were sufficient to ensure the product works as intended
Dynamic and innovative organization. Friendly environment with openness to share and collaborate. Strong collaborative and innovative culture within and between groups and functions.
I look forward to work every day, I would go work even on the day when I did not feel well physically. The reason is due to the company values which have positive impact on me.
Pros
serene, well ventilated & bright work environment
Cons
office location in the industrial area
3M is a very open culture working environment and staff can exercise their autonomy in their work scope. There are no extensive hierarchical reporting level and also the culture encourage work independence and open discussions at work place. It is a learning culture and as a working professionals, we are also keeping abreast to financial standards and compliance.
Pros
Autonomy at workplace, individual contributor
Cons
Outdated system tools and lack of career development
3M gave the experience to work in a multinational, matrix organisation with very unique core values. The easiest and hardest part was to understand the culture of 3M. I had to work with indirect, virtual teams on many projects. On the whole, the expectations and learning curve were high within 3M as well as the rewards equally to match your performance.