3M

Clear
3.9Salary & Benefits

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,733 reviews

Systematic and strict

Good pay, but steep learning curve.Srtict protocol on safety in view that the company is dealing with many chemicals. Occasionally need to stay back after 12 hours night shift to conduct work centers meeting.

Full of old people

Slow but i guess good work life balance. Old and not really agile anymore . Very US centric in terms of decisions made. Suitable for people who want to sit back, relax and retire

encounter culture shock at workplace

As a contract worker the hardest part of the job when its hard to earn they trust and respect specially when I am different from them, not permanent staff. Then some of the job description that they required me to do is different from the actual. I was scolded when I asked question related to a job before 5pm, I was judged without a chance to explained my side.

Diversity

Diversity in workplace & good work life balance Under-going SAP business transformation which was again delayed till due current economic situation.Hope that the company will be able move forward,transform fast enough to turn around

Pros

Good benefits & compensation

Cons

Too slow to react to market demands

A lot things to learn

Can improved ones set of skill but cannot master, since a lot of things to learn. Nice working environment and culture. I enjoy working in this company.

Great Workplace

1.Strong family culture 2.Enjoyable working environment. 3.Encourages learning. 4.Several opportunities to lead projects 5.Systems are a little dated.

stable company

a MNC that with good benefits and remuneration package. the most challenging work as it is a very innovative structure. many chance for progression as there is always many project on going.

Pros

staff purchase

Cons

long working hour

People oriented Leadership, Innovative, fun, fast pace

This is a good company to work for as it is people oriented leadership, innovative, fun and fast pace company that provide opportunity for staff to grow.

Pros

Constant learning on innovation

Cons

Great place to work for R&D

Great experience. Was able to work with engineers from all over Asia and allowed me to learn new lab skills and work with great equipment in analytical lab.

Pros

Emphasis on personal growth and engineers encouraged to develop personal skills.

Cons

Competitive work environment, somewhat inclusive at times

Good place to work and build career. Gives respect for 3M Vision, Mission and Values. Enjoy working in 3M. Good ambience,friendly colleagues and team people are very helpful.

Pros

Good colleagues

Cons

Long hours and stressful to meet deadline

Fun place with many learning opportunity

A typical day started with back to back meetings in the morning with internal departments users. Almost every date, I am meeting vendors to discuss about my sourcing projects, negotiation and establishing contracts. Every week I made presentation on my projects status and challenges I had to every business directors and stalkholders and sharing on the deliverables.

Pros

Good staff benefits

Cons

Late night calls

Fun Place to work

Even though the environment is slightly quiet, the colleague are the one that makes you want to go work every day. Fun people to work with

Pros

Nice Colleague

Cons

Long Hours

Great place to work ..

3m Corp. is an innovative company that has highest quality standards and safety of it's employees comes first. Working culture is superb and you are able to give and experiment your ideas.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Too much workload

Equal opportunity employer. Strongly believes in meritocracy. Enjoyed working here as it gave me the opportunity to work in multiple countries, different roles and with great people.

Challanges and Growth

I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours I'll go through what are the priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the needs and organizing the team schedules. Looking at the demand plans and priorities for the loadings for production. Plan for the month base on the loading and capacity and trigger if there is need for any additional work force required to fulfill the demand.

Ok

Busy, focused on productivity, tight head count controls, US MNC but local culture and benefits, Good career exposure, can try any role

Productive & serene work place with company value for honesty & integrity

I look forward to work every day, I would go work even on the day when I did not feel well physically. The reason is due to the company values which have positive impact on me.

Pros

serene, well ventilated & bright work environment

Cons

office location in the industrial area

Open and independent working culture

3M is a very open culture working environment and staff can exercise their autonomy in their work scope. There are no extensive hierarchical reporting level and also the culture encourage work independence and open discussions at work place. It is a learning culture and as a working professionals, we are also keeping abreast to financial standards and compliance.

Pros

Autonomy at workplace, individual contributor

Cons

Outdated system tools and lack of career development

Good company with great system and people around

good company for training, branding and development. Good opportunity for people who want to have overall spectrum development due to abundance of opportunities to work with different projects, stakeholders

Pros

good company for branding

Cons

too much organization re-structuring

Culture of learning and developing laterally even within peers

One of the distinct culture that 3M has is the learning culture..One can never be afraid to ask questions and seek answers even intra-department so as to make decisions in your daily work.. This is exactly the environment that allows for creative and innovative ideas and problem solving to freely flow.. 3Mmers are commited to work as a team to make courageous decisions in our daily work as long as the intention is well thought through..

Pros

big family culture where all come together to work on daily challenges

Cons

recent years head count freeze has put much strain on resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 3M. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• 3M
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?