Here to help
Coronavirus update

AIG Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

You’re seeing reviews in Atlanta, GA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
AIG was an amazing company to work for prior to 2009. After the financial market crashed of course there were many changes with the company. But for the most part AIG tried their best to keep employees employed and conduct business as usual. The benefits were excellent and management supported diversity.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
low pay
AIG is an international company that specializes with insurance month other business. Has offices in major cities in USA but the accounting one is in Houston.
No career path while I was there, constant upheaval in management no bonuses or raises for 2 years while I was there promised career path and then it would be denied or cancelled once available
I worked at AIG during the US Financial Crisis and was impressed with the overall transformation of this company during this period. Management was keen on keeping morale up.
AIG was an excellent company to work for. There were many opportunities to grow within the company. I would highly recommend AIG to anyone looking to work in the corporate field.
Pros
Working from home, large company
Will not recommend A failing company desperate for revenue, in turn they take terrible risks. Unenjoyable work week. Micromanaged Hated going to work every day
Pros
Experience
Cons
Predatory management, poor career path
AIG was a good place to learn different products in an entrepreneurial environment. Constant change in management and vision was the most difficult part of the job
Pros
flex/remote work environment
Cons
constant management change
Gave the security and stability that I needed to make myself a quality EA within my career field. I will forever be grateful for this experience as I was able to walk away with so many lessons.
Pay not compensatory for daily production. No platform for self development and growth. No platform for promotion and corporate development.........
Pros
Great general benefits
Cons
Poor payscale
I put my review for AIG on Superior by accident. So I will be repeating myself. Overall not a bad company to work for. The buy-out impacted the company greatly.
Great Company to work. Eager to help employees grow within the company. Benefits, Compensation and Tuition reimbursement wonderful. Highly recommend this company.
Enjoyed flexible hours, going to conventions, and getting to know brokers. Old software (excel) led to large amounts of data input. Worked as a team, but there was competition between teammembers, and performance was strongly based upon numbers of sales.
*Great work and life balance *Great Employee Resource Groups *Great benefits *A lot of restructuring through out the company which involves several employee riffs mainly in three and four quarters *The compensation is not always alignment with current job markets
Pros
Great benefits and work life balance
Cons
several employee riffs, constant restructuring of senior leadership which can appear to be an unstable enivroment
I loved my job, my clients, my co-workers and my direct manager and his manager. But from the day I started, there was the constant threat of being let go due to organizational restructuring. The financial constraints led to less development and customization of our systems which would have dramatically improved the user experience and our competitive value in the marketplace. I loved that we were given 16 hours of paid volunteer time and that our region was so active in charitable events and diversity and inclusion (education and awareness).
Pros
Benefits - intelligent co-workers
Cons
Salary, constant threat of RIF.
Enjoyed being part of a productive team schedule was very flexible for work/life balance wonderful training no insurance benefits unless full time, but great PT hours/ paid time off
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
low pay
Good place to work and fun environment. There is good leadership and opportunity for advancement. Also, they treat the contractors like members of the family.
good work-life balance, good colleagues great benefit, great PTO hope to have a stable working environment management needs to try to secure talented people instead of reduce cost
I started as an assistant manager and when they sold our property I became property manager. It was a great opportunity I truly believe they pay you for your worth.
Very typical of a large insurance/financial broker. Brings in young men and women and trains them for a week, then sends them out on their own to sell 403b and 457 retirement plans to clients. Not a lot of support after the first week of training. Top producers are rewarded with sales manager roles. Not all top producers are management material.
The culture of AIG changed as I progressed in my career. Promotion from within was strong, but as I went into a niche market there was little room for growth. Depending on the manager the experience with the company could be great or sour. My last job title I was not compensated at the proper salary grade because I came from another office. Instead of increasing my salary and salary grade, it was left three grades lower. I'd applied for positions with the same job title and the same job description but was told that I could not get the salary grade three levels higher.
AIG was a challenging, yet rewarding place to work. While the work environment was fairly conservative, the people were friendly and approachable. Things do tend to move slower at such a large company, so pack your patience. You do, however, learn a great deal of business sense, competitive insight, and power moves at AIG.