AIG

AIG Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,887 reviews
It was indeed a great experience and learning with AIG. Working as an outbound campaign executive is tough but persistence and hard work are well compensated. The working culture was great however lapses are less opportunity to grow and excel in a higher or better position.
Pros
Contract completion bonus
Cons
GreAt place to start and very fair comp. you will get an existing book. The managers are very good depending on who you work for. And if in a partnership very helpful with case design.
It was okay. Higher Management was no good. The pay was okay. The job was boring and not challenging me and became a bore. The pay was good and lots of paid holidays.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
The constant quality grading
AIG Canada wants it's employees to succeed and management is very supportive and understanding. The work is varied and challenging. I would recommend AIG Canada.
Pros
authority is commensurate with experience and qualifications
Cons
Unit Managers seem to be overworked sometimes
Claims is the step child compared to other depts. they could pay more and value the claims professionals who are hardworking and try to work under pressure every. Too many claim reviews. It’s like the Brokers are the bosses with their demands.
Pros
Good health benefits good co workers
Cons
Micro mgmt, too many chains, the new claim system-implemented is not user friendly is
I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure at AIG. I started as a claims analyst/customer service rep and worked my way up to supervisor, manager, Director of Quality, and finally, Director of Claims Operations. If you are dedicated, hard-working, open to change, and continued learning, there are definitely options to move up in the company. There was a lot of flexibility and options for remote work. Management was always available to all employees. The only reason I left was because of a restructure within the company and my department was dissolved.
Pros
Flexibility with hours, remote options, room for growth.
Cons
Depending on position and the time of the year, hours could be long.
Great company to work for. Management positions provide great opportunities to show your leadership abilities and the rewards of a good job are reflected in compensation.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Industry uncertainty
Thanksfull for the experience. I would like to work with AIG in Canadá. AIG is a great company. I like the insurance world and development of product. I would like to create insurance products for AIG.
Working at AIG, was great, gained experience,knowledge and understanding of company,product and management style. A very diverse company, and very competitive. AIG was a well know brand in the industry.
Pros
Marsthon days includes prizes etc.
Cons
Long hours, a bit stressful
horrible experience. this was in the early 2000's. manager was ultimately escorted out of office.i felt like i was working in a factory situation with a hard General running the show and doing ridiculous actions against the employees.
Pros
salary was fair.
Cons
factory atmosphere
Supervisors and management did not provide any positive encouragement. We were understaffed and worked very hard but not appreciated. There was not any advanced training and I did not feel very hopeful about moving up in this company. They work environment felt very restrictive and morale was low. I honestly would become very depressed on as Sunday night thinking about going back into the office on Monday morning. All in all just not worth it being so miserable at work.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Horrible treatment
I am working at AIG on a temporary contract. The work environment is professional, and there is a lot of support from managers and co-workers. I was trained to help review claims in addition to taking calls, which has made the experience more interesting.
Pros
Work from home, good pay
Cons
Some customers are difficult
As a claims manager, I was paid well and enjoyed my job. Unfortunately the continued downsizing led to me being laid off October 2019. Unless they learn how to write new business the company will not be in the insurance business for long.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
It's a sinking ship.
The workweek for full-time employees was 37.5 hours and you got paid overtime when you worked. The benifits were really good which included a company car, 401K health insurance just to name a few.
Pros
Great management and co-workers.
Cons
Company was unstable and the sold the personal lines claims.
Left when Manager cared more about money than the customer's retirement. Besides that, I loved most the people that I worked with.As for the commission schedule, outside sales were fair and great but limited based on your territory. Internal sales was all over the place.
Pros
Pay
Cons
management changes too frequent. The company is not looking to get to the 21st century, still woefully stuck in the Greenburg days. work life balance is good though.
Opportunity for growth with proven performance record. Vast areas of the insurance and financial services industry with the option change career path. Team building culture promoted across the organization.
I pretty satisfied with AIG; however there was only one adequate supervisor, that I had the pleasure of working with. He was very knowledgeable; whereas most were not. When I first started working there I had to be my own supervisor, even though a supervisor was present for half of the shift. Also I had to handle my own escalations. I was very disappointed with the way the company responded at times that I needed them to be there for me.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Supervisors were not properly prepared for the position.
It is a good work environment. Coworkers are great. Management is very professional. Work hours are very good and benefits are as well. I would recommend this company very highly
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Sometime longer work hours
ManagementIn general, managers at AIG are not able to effectively manage. They may have degrees but have no idea what they're doing. If you're a minority, you'll have a much better chance at being promoted.
People are helpful in general. The work contents mostly depend on different groups and teams. There are many opportunities to learn in an entry-level position.
  1. Employee Reviews