AIG Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

AIG was an amazing company to work for prior to 2009. After the financial market crashed of course there were many changes with the company. But for the most part AIG tried their best to keep employees employed and conduct business as usual. The benefits were excellent and management supported diversity.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
low pay
Left to care for my sick Mother. She had congesitve heart failure and needed someone full time to care for her. Unfortunately, she passed away 2/10/2018.
While at AIG I was promoted many times. However the job culture change morale was low and job security was a thing of the past. People were being laid off for no reason... It was time to go.
Pros
advancement oportunities
Cons
morale
Working or AIG was a great experience. The company is Large however you do not feel like just a number. Mainly operational work. Relaxed environment to ensure accurate and timely work progression
Enjoyed working for this insurance company. I was taught a great deal about insurance and how it work for each type of insurance type home, business, car, rental..I had a great boss that was very personable and often inquired about each employees day at work.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Overall, environment was pretty good, pay was good, some management changes were going on before I left. Company was solid and great benefits. Busy environment, high level skill set.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Changes made in management
Easy workload. Repetitive work. Work closely with financial advisers and their clients. Given a weekly list of clients to call and schedule them to meet with their financial adviser to review their financial and retirement plans,
Pros
Short hours, light workload.
Cons
Only part time. Repetitive work.
A nice company with a good work culture and benefits. The work place was made to feel relax and not stressful. It was not your usual corporate atmosphere with every Friday being jean day.
AIG is a good company to work for with great benefits you will need to get hired with the right department and I think you would love the job and company.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Constant threat of lay offs. With only a few exceptions, no salary increases since 2010. Those you work with day-to-day are wonderful and supportive.
I had great benefits as a District Office Coordinator at VALIC (AIG). I assisted 32 advisors and 2 district managers and enjoyed multi-tasking and being busy.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No growth opportunities
AIG is it business casual professional atmosphere, built around a team environment. It's fast-paced dealing with brokers insured's and other teammates
Benefits
Cons
The back office environment is a typical corporate setup. At times there is poor communication between departments. Advancement is very difficult.
This was an outstanding company to work for. The management and co-workers were dedicated and experts in their field. I looked forward to and enjoyed coming in to work every day.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with. Extremely professional.
Cons
Family like atmosphere where all worked towards goals for the year. Management staff some of the best mentors I had over the course of the 15+ years that I worked there. I still keep in touch with those mentors. Hardest part of the job was working through merger acquisitions of several broker/dealers and the communication needed to get a new culture into all firms. Loved working on the merger of data and systems. Full SME on many of the projects as it related to financial reporting, broker/dealer commission payment and Client New Account establishment. Enjoyed training registered brokers in the field on new systems and workflows.
Pros
Nearby location to home, regular work hours, afterhours get togethers
Cons
Change in culture with migration and consolidation of different broker/dealers
I enjoy working at AIG. Awesome teamwork environment. The work life balance is great. The management style is very open and laid back. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding great talent to join the organization.
Great concept. Was phased out due to corporate restructuring. Great work life balance. Allowed to work from home. Poor upper management.
No work life balance, work work work & now the simplify AIG. Best business trips, overseas, and NYC, however due to Simplify AIG, the per diem has been reduced as well as the number of employees still working at AIG.
Pros
5 weeks off...
Cons
NO work life balance
I absolutely LOVED interning here as a junior in college. I would recommend this company to anyone, young or experienced. They offer great pay and management was amazing
AIG is a great place to work for starting your career, but they do not want long term employees anymore. So, once you have enough experience to move on, they suggest that you do so. I would concur.
Learned a lot with the direction of management. Learned how to run AUS systems. Thrived in a team environment. Worked well in a team environment. Enjoyed completing tasks in a timely manner.
Pros
Management support
Cons
Short breaks