AIG Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

AIG was an amazing company to work for prior to 2009. After the financial market crashed of course there were many changes with the company. But for the most part AIG tried their best to keep employees employed and conduct business as usual. The benefits were excellent and management supported diversity.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
low pay
Great Company to work for. I loved going to work everyday, very convenient. Incredible co workers! The office was great, many restaurants and a gym within walking distance.
Large company with lots of different departments. Management is not really supportive. Should be able to multi-task simultaneously and meet goals. The job is not hard and it's fun to learn about planes and go to air shows.
Wonderful place to work in. Helps with personal growth and to have a better understanding of the corporate world. Outstanding supervisor and extremely professional environment.
being a schduler made me get entune with my own retirement and future. I was the lisison between the advisor and the clents mosly teachers in all arears including professors. I learnd about 401k's, IRA's and so on...It was a great team with a great manager.I was part time and a exprience I will never forget.
Pros
I will always be team AIG, most enjoyable.
Cons
That it was only part time.
The Advisor Group is a great company to work for. The job culture if great but no real opportunities for growth or advancement. They offer great benefits however the compensation is not within industry standards. I'm looking for growth therefore I'm seeking other employment.
Pros
Benefits, Work Envirnoment
Cons
Compensation
Greating everyone,opened my office,checked my email and review my daily appointments.Contacting everyone on my staff.I enjoy management,love my co-workers.The hardest part of my job is feeled out death claim forms and,the most enjoyable part is delivering a new policy and cover my clients needs.
my background gave me the opportunity to teach others. In the most resent year the hardest part of the job was being the only female in the department.
If you search indeed, payscale, salary, glassdoor, or any other compe sation site you will see that AIG consistently pays less than competitors for the same job title. With that said, with the benefits package they offer, you'd have a hard time matching what the extras are that are offered. If you've ever faced a large medical bill, you know that this is worth it. The upper management is constantly changing, often leading to multiple direction changes and lack of focus. The folks who work regular jobs are usually good people, but upper managers only look out for each other. AIG is a good place to get started, but leave as soon as you've learned enough to get to another company.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Corporate Discounts
Cons
Limited mobility, lower payscales
strong company, continuous job related training, salary low
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
no upward mobility
Hated this place, do not work here. Management sucks and the culture sucks. They are liars and do not do anything they say they are going to do.
I have enjoyed working for AIG. I was on contract position. Fortunately I worked under a great supervisor who trained me and made sure I was i well versed on any new tasks. I worked with a small team which included 2 other co-workers which I got along with well.
Working at AIG is very challenging. There is little appreciation for work-life balance. The amount of work given to each employee is overwhelming.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Stress, Workload
Working for AIG has been a blessing. I have acquired a lot of various skills that I truly appreciate, especially as a recent collage graduate. These skills include learning new software such as Sharepoint, Salesforce, NETX360, FEI, Docupaste, and others. I have also learned a great deal about Retail and IRA Accounts, yearly contributions, distributions, mutual funds and various other types of financial securities. A typical workday normally consists of reviewing, processing and following up on various brokerage and non brokerage account requests, such as account maintenance, transfers, and follow up responsibilities through interacting with the clearing house, sponsor companies, financial advisors and other 3rd party entities. I also work closely with IT, compliance and our finance department to continually maintain the firm’s books & records system. Since I have been working at AIG, management has been great. They work very closely with us to ensure that we have everything necessary to fulfill our responsibilities. My coworkers are also outstanding! Considering that I am fresh out of college with minimum experience and has yet to acquire many of the skills that they had from working for AIG for years, they really took it upon themselves to make sure that the transition for me was smooth. Any time I had a questions, they were always willing to help with no problem. Many of them also had a great sense of humor, which helped the day go by. The hardest part of the job for me is its repetitive nature. However, because of the redundant tasks, I was able to catch on very quickly. - more...
Pros
Benefits, employee, discounts, shows appreciation to employees
Cons
Repetitive/redundant tasks. Everyday is the same.
Great work/family balance, professional growth and compensation.
I enjoyed working with AIG, overall the people we open and willing to help and listen.
Pros
The people in my department
Cons
For me no real cons just want something new
My experience with the company has been a challenge for advancement. Little to no diversity. Very little room for growth change or advancement. I was not told that we were able to obtain pay increases for receiving the government bailout. You are penalizes for presenting ideas or if you questions ratings for end of the year reviews. When ask how can we help the company save money I suggested using technology vs travel. work from home. Ideas were shot down.The plus is the company offer a pension but of course not guarantee.
I worked at AIG for 27 years and planned on retiring from the company. Unfortunately my job was eliminated. My co-worker was really great working with. The hardest part of my job was not meeting my manager, everyone else on the team met her directly. The most enjoyable part of my job was a feel of self fulfillment. I enjoy work with people in a customer service roll.
Pros
Enjoyed going to work
Cons
Change in healthcare
Learned to use excel much better and complete financial reports.
Enjoyed the self-reliance given by management although it was sometimes challenging.
Pros
self-reliance
Cons
can be challenging
Management is very friendly and helpful co-workers. My day starts with status call and discussing daily tasks to be completed. The hardest part of the job was understanding the business logic and coordinate it to the team and users.
Pros
helpful colleagues and good team