AIG Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

AIG was an amazing company to work for prior to 2009. After the financial market crashed of course there were many changes with the company. But for the most part AIG tried their best to keep employees employed and conduct business as usual. The benefits were excellent and management supported diversity.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
low pay
In the various duties I fulfilled, I created opportunites for the growth of my people and our businesses. Processes and practices were implemented encouraging direct reports to be responsible and accountable for the business segments which they "owned" and provide focus on the key objetives.
Was only at the company for a short period of time.However, during that time period the compensation/Benefits Cultue/Values were in line with most companies.
Pros
good working enivronment
Cons
need more company incentatives
I enjoyed working with AIG because they helped me learn aviation inusrance where I was confident in working with any type of insurance field.My co-workers were all great team players. The hardest part of my job was when we lost a co-worker to breast cancer. She would come in on some days even after her chemo treatments because she said that she loved her job and it helped her forget her illness.
Pros
company parties such as christmas.
Cons
long term investments
Management has very little time for explanation of what is expected of personnel on project sometimes causing project overrun.Coworkers were very professional but not stuffy.Treated as if I did not exist as an employee by management in New York.
The most rewarding part of the job was satisfying tne clients who really apreciated my call. The management and executive staff alwsys reward you when a client called back about the service you give.
Pros
fun place to work.
Provides a great service to clients and community.Flexible work environment, great work life balance. Great benefits