AIG Employee Reviews for Actuary

I have nothing to say good. When you have good management you will have a good company. When management changes so often, they all come from outside, how it is normal?
Get to communicate with people from various states and counties. The culture of the company is traditional, just like any corporate america companies but there are developments working towards creating a more fun and inclusive culture. People are nice and intelligent.
Good people, good culture, great support to employees. I have a good time working at AIG. They have a very structured way of training people and managing people.
I worked at AIG during the US Financial Crisis and was impressed with the overall transformation of this company during this period. Management was keen on keeping morale up.
Pro: Ok for benefit. Con: first job and only job so far at AIG. The management and enviroenment is so bad that I thought it was universal for all insurance compaies. I was wrong, I discuss with consultant friend. He saw all kinds of insurance company and only AIG and AMTrust are like this bad.
Direct management team was always accommodating. Upper management only seemed to care about gaining territory and not of those reporting to them. Workplace culture was great until sudden decision to relocate employees to North Carolina.
Pros
Good work life balance, Great benefits, Great team
Cons
Declining morale in workplace due to the sudden relocation of employees to North Carolina, Large turnover this past year
My typical day at work was focused upon product development. I designed life insurance policies, setting benefits and charges. Worked on insurance in various countries, including Canada, Chile, Japan and the United States. I learned a great deal about business and how a company runs. The learning experience was incredible. The workplace culture was fast paced. The hardest part of the job was learning computer languages. The most enjoyable part of the job was exposure to insurance around the world. Studying for the examinations required for certification as an actuary was very demanding.
AIG has great benefits. Our team is allowed to work from home 3 days a week. We are provided the office equipment to do our job at home as well. There is many opportunities to move around the company but you have to do a lot of work to get that info. With our new CEO our company has been doing Christmas parties, company picnics and pizza party’s.
Pros
Benefits, 401k is 6% match plus an extra 3% for just working there, Working from home is great, And the 24 PTO days is great.
Cons
Constant manager/employee turn over, New consultants being hired and the team doesn’t have any input on who’s hired.
I really like the actuarial study policy at AIG. It provides many benefits to students who are willing to study. Also, the gifts that they provide are pretty good.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AIG?
good work-life balance, good colleagues great benefit, great PTO hope to have a stable working environment management needs to try to secure talented people instead of reduce cost
Left to care for my sick Mother. She had congesitve heart failure and needed someone full time to care for her. Unfortunately, she passed away 2/10/2018.
good working environment and nice coworkers. Lots of interesting projects and learning opportunities. Generally very supportive to actuarial exams taking.
Good! lots to learn, lots to do, too bad they had to relocate. I had a chance to learn how to do pricing of Term insurance using MoSes, Excel and AXIS.
The environment is difficult to work in given the amount of layoffs and the lack of motivation given that raises are very rare. The benefits are decent.
1. The ability and opportunity to work on highly-visual, enterprise-level projects that directly affect the organization 2. The continual support of upper-management is supporting.
Laughter creates a bond that brings others together; people like to be with employees who are having fun. Creativity, intuition and flexibility are key to successful operation of organizations today. In stimulating environments, employees enjoy their time at work and they will also excel at work. Attracting customers is easier in an environment of hospitality. A fun workplace is not only more productive, but it attracts people and profits.
The best place to learn and to be developped as an actuary. High level of knowledge exchange The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn new methodologies to calculate the actuarial reserves
Working with customers and agency. Learned the ends and outs regarding life insurance. Management was great and co workers as well. Hard part of job telling customers something policy increased canceled due to incorrect information or not worth what they thought. Working for a great company that cared for their associates and showed appreciation, trained you for excel and promoted from within.
Pros
Training, great pay and benefits, family oriented company
Cons
• Preparation of quarterly risk reports Rate Monitoring & Profitability Study the results are analyzed and appropriate commentary is supplied before presenting to the Senior Management. • Software’s used MS Excel, MS Word and MS Access
Its ok to work here but the salary are very low, I had the chance to work with a good person and a good actuary by the way which tought me a lot. The co workers are good but the salary is not good at all and the benefits are almost unexisting.