AIG Employee Reviews for Adjuster

Learned alot. Remote work available. Great benefits. Friendly environment. Leadership changes presenting change in organization mostly positive and hopeful for the future.
AIG was an excellent company to work for. There were many opportunities to grow within the company. I would highly recommend AIG to anyone looking to work in the corporate field.
Pros
Working from home, large company
At times the workload was somewhat challenging; however, with prioritizing it was manageable and the end results were satisfying. A wealth of knowledge can be gained working in this position.
Pros
Telecommute
Cons
Salary
Everything was just fine. Salary was ok, but not much. But the people who worked were great. Managemnt always looking for better profit and always saving money.
I enjoyed AIG and left to take a chance on a new company with a great offer. I would love to work for AIG again Laid back enviornment with great coworkers
I enjoyed the work I was doing as a medical only adjuster. My manager at the time as very easy to work with. The company changed policies, eliminated positions and later relocated the office.
Pros
Provided plenty of training to keep up with job requirements
Cons
Upper management in home office, made unfair requirements that made it difficult to perform the job.
The work place was great, enjoyed great relationship with the management , very friendly people , work culture very balanced , and the company promotes diversity.
Pros
Promotes diversity
Cons
The pay could be better
There is no training.No raises. Whatever your starting salary is, there it will remain until you advance to another position. Impossible to advance if your not in the "AIG good ole boy clique." Salary is ok and benefits are good. But if you want an insurance career, this is not the place to work especially if you're older or non-Caucasian.
Pros
ework
Cons
no advancement
My date starts out looking at emails. Responding to any claimant's or insureds from the day before. Next would be seeing if there have been any claims to come in overnight or after I left for the day. I've learned to be very detailed oriented even more than before. Management is not bad I would assume all managers are different and many adjusters have different experiences with each. Workplace is relaxed great co-workers. Hardest part of the job is claimant's or insureds with unrealistic expectations. Most enjoyable part is we receive plenty of free food.
AIG is currently going through a major transformation - 7 CEO's since 2005. Major asset divestitures with shedding of may countries and businesses. Massive lay offs across all platforms and businesses.
A typical day of work involved speaking with clients about property losses, both building and personal property. I enjoyed management as I was not micro-managed and was given flexibility to resolve losses and trusted to do so.
Great Benefits, work from home options, able to move around within the company. Great Leadership, retirement plan, good culture and community involvement
Pros
Work from home
I worked for AIG for many years. I loved each day of my days there. I loved the employees. I loved management. Management made sure that if you had any questions you could always ask and made you feel comfortable doing so.l
Pros
There were always incentives
Cons
being laid off
Loved my co-workers, This was a place where the people worked as a team. Management was very respectable and helpful to all employees.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
healthcare
I went from working in clerical to a claims adjuster over several years. I learned a lot as this was my first job. AIG made it a fun workplace.
This is where I learned my lost time claims and how to view claims from initial to closure. Co-worker were very nice to get allow with. I was sadden when AIG lost the Wal-Mart account to CMI.
Pros
Working for AIG
Cons
Not working for CMI
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing new claims that were filed, answering calls and making contact via phone. Reviewing medical records and reports and determining coverage and benefit eligibility. I learned how to summarize medical records, how to deal with different personalities and not take things personally. My managers were knowledgeable and experiences which was a benefit for me as this was my first auto insurance job. My co-workers were great people to get know and work with. The hardest part of the job was learning to summarize the medical records and getting comfortable with making decision regarding a person's benefits. What I enjoyed most about the job was the challenge of learning something new and growing.
Pros
Great company, good co-workers, new opportunities
Cons
Being disresepcted by insured's, no job security
Good place to work. Learning environment and fast paced. Work from home is great.
Pros
Work from home opportunity.
Cons
Would not say any cons, a work place to learn a lot in a positive fast pace environment
I worked in subrogation so I dealt with other insurance companies and uninsured parties directly to try and get money paid out back.This is where I began my future in insurance. I started in clerical and worked my way up to a subrogation specialist. It was a great learning experience.
Pros
not far from home
Cons
managers were hard on us employees
My day began at 7:30 and ended at 4:30. I was responsible for investigating new accidental death claims, sending continued benefits on existing claims and paying supplemental health claims. I learned the "in's a out's of accidental death claims and supplemental health claims. Management had a very "open door" policy. My co-workers were easy to get along with and were very helpful. There was no "hard part" of my job. I most enjoyed speaking with people.
Pros
the hours were very reasonalble.
Cons
no health care or other benefits for contract workers