AIG Employee Reviews for Business Analyst

I found that irrespective of which department or team you belong to - there is always progress and advancement opportunities provided to you and your manager works with you to make you successful.
Day to day work life was slow and inconsistent. Hard to get into a good workflow without consistent projects. Enjoyed the people and culture. Management was great.
Collaborative and learning environment. Work-life balance exists. Great culture. great exposure. Cooperative management. Its fun and enjoyable to work here.
Colleagues were helpful and fun to work with. There was a team environment and everyone worked together to get the job done effectively and efficiently
Good when I started here - management was laid back and it was easy to network in a big company. Things turned sour over time with countless reorgs, massive layoffs, and abysmal employee morale. It still was easy to work there, but the more recent years I was there I wasn't learning anything new and no one had any faith in the management.
I am thankful for the 18 plus years I had at American General/AIG. I am thankful for the opportunity I had to learn various products. I also was involved in their EAC and was able to help out in other TEAM projects as well. As our jobs were eliminated because of AIG selling off the Affinity and Small Group Employer business, there was no other place within the company. That would be the one downfault. Management was fair at times, but upper Management was always changing. You learned to adapt to their procedures.
Overall, I have worked with many supportive people at AIG. Everyone is encouraging and displays great work ethic. There are many experienced professionals who are always willing to help each other to get the work done.
Great place to work at, an amazing experience. I enjoyed being able to experience new things and become a hard worker. The workplace culture is vibrant and really I would definitely work there again.
I loved my experience at AIG as a contractor and had a wonderful time there. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the very American centric style of working
Pros
Brand Name
Cons
Poor management and no tolerance for explaining duties or expectations to subordinates. Feared for your job from day to day and it was threatened every day....................................................................................................
I've been here for 6 years. It's alright. Benefits are hard to beat but no raises or path to management. Lots of layoffs but I've been lucky. I guess just don't go in expecting to work your way up to CEO unless you plan on leaving the company and coming back after getting promoted somewhere else
Pros
Pto, Culture
Cons
Salary, future
AIG lays off so much that everyday people come to work with the thought, I wonder if today is the day. The managers are bullies and very disrespectful. They are not supportive of their team and request you do no talk to a member of the team on which they do not care for.
Pros
work from home sometimes
Cons
no support from Managers -rude and disrespectful
Good office atmosphere Good managers Fun times Work on projects and then they are cancelled Friendly people Learn interesting and new things Lots of meetings and collaboration with other teams
Very good company with perfect work life balance and good management. Lot of opportunity to learn an grow. Open door policy with good management and provides work from home options
I worked for AIG affiliates for 10 years and loved my time there. Great working environment and wonderful co-workers. I would highly recommend the job to anyone.
Was able to grow significantly within company. Able to develop skills to manage multiple locations. Unfortunately after mortgage crisis environment became difficult due to massive layoffs.
Good place to work and fun environment. There is good leadership and opportunity for advancement. Also, they treat the contractors like members of the family.
AIG is a great company to work for. They encourage skills training and provide advise for professional growth. They tend to hire from within first, so there is usually an opportunity to apply for other positions within the company
Pros
Lots of opportunity for growth
Cons
Sometimes long work hours
Pay could easily have been much better as I discovered that AIG was billing me out to an agency at $100/hour, while the agency paid me only $37.50/hr.
Pros
Quiet workplace
Cons
AIG is a great place to be if you want a good work life balance. Hours are on average 9-5. No working after hours or the weekends. Benefits are great you get 24 days of PTO to begin with and can roll over 10 days each year. Company has 2 days work from home policy if your manager deems it appropriate. Compensation is very not competitive, especially if you are joining the company out of college. Very friendly environment to work in where people help out a lot. There are some great people in the company. However there are no structured form of progression. You can get a promotion after a year and have to wait 2-3 years for the next and its completely up to your manager.
Pros
Excellent work life balance, great benefits
Cons
Noncompetitive compensation, no structured career ladder
Had a good experience, learned a lot and moved up the corporate ladder with good mentorship along the way. The company would benefit from a better workplace culture.
  1. Business Analyst