AIG Employee Reviews for Business Project Manager

An environment that facilitated productivity and competitiveness. Also allowed for independent time and project management with healthy benefits and pension.
Pros
Worklife Balace
I worked as a consultant and did not reap any benefits as a FTE, however will say I did learn quite a lot in a short period of time. Management at the time was very micro managed in my opinion but the meetings did seem productive with meeting our weekly goals/deadlines. Flexibility also seemed to be a challenge as we needed to be seen on a daily basis however office space was limited. Very strict culture, not a lot of room for networking.
Best part of the job was some of the tenured, hard-working people who worked there. Worst part of the job was a remote manager who had no experience with training and was not on-site to observe the productivity issues that were occurring.
Pros
Some very good employees
Cons
Administrative system issues; remote management
The culture of AIG changed as I progressed in my career. Promotion from within was strong, but as I went into a niche market there was little room for growth. Depending on the manager the experience with the company could be great or sour. My last job title I was not compensated at the proper salary grade because I came from another office. Instead of increasing my salary and salary grade, it was left three grades lower. I'd applied for positions with the same job title and the same job description but was told that I could not get the salary grade three levels higher.
AIG is an excellent place to work for as there are lot of opportunities to learn and advance your career and excellent benefits. I have thoroughly enjoyed working at AIG!
Working at AIG is a great experience, conditions are amazing and they are very considered to their employees. The work related conditions are excellent not only for the employee but for their families as well.
Good environment and very knowledgeable co-workers. I was part of the O&S Finance team, which gave me a board spectrum to explore my skills, on the domestic and international level. I was part of a highly qualified team and added value to the company by setting up Project Cost Reporting and Allocation Modules with a complex expense reporting process, having an Accounting and Finance background and being the linking key between Finance Operations & Systems and Technology team I was able to translate and understand specific financial requirements in order to deliver a better product. It was a pleasure to work with such talented people, both in the Finance and IT department, they were all great co-workers, team players and good mentors. I have learned a lot from our Financial managers, AIO and entire team.