AIG Employee Reviews for Claims Assistant

AIG was an amazing company to work for prior to 2009. After the financial market crashed of course there were many changes with the company. But for the most part AIG tried their best to keep employees employed and conduct business as usual. The benefits were excellent and management supported diversity.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
low pay
AIG is a competitive workplace. The culture was inclusive and diverse. The pay structure was fair. The management was fair in their dealing with individuals one on one.
Consistent work flow everyday, great place to work. Learn more each day as the day progresses. Lots of things to learn with compliance issues, review your production accurately.
Good working environment, very good people to work with. The office is very busy. Pay could have been more however decent pay and raises but could have been more for the administrive staff.
Cons
no cons
I worked in the claims division of AIG. I worked with some of the most experienced supevisors and managers ever. Like most claim departments, the number of incoming claim can be challenging.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Possible micromanagement
This was the beginning of my career, i started as a file clerk, i worked my was up to a pip assistant which i learned alot in regards to billing and then i became a pip trainee which i then worked up too a Claim Representative II
Pros
customer service
Cons
heavy work load
If you want to succeed at this job, You need to be able to multi-task. Its an stressful environment but I'm happy. We have a great team
efficient co workers, job duties challenging without being overly stressful. Locations is close to light rail stop & bus line. there are many restaurants in the area which makes the lunch hour manageable
I enjoyed all my days and years at this wonderful company till I got laid off. They had a wonderful staff and I got along fine with everyone.
This was a great place to work. AIG closed the office i was working in and i was only let go because of the whole AIG Bankruptcy issue that happened on Wall Street. I loved working there the people i worked with/for were so nice and it was like family.
Pros
Great work environment..
Cons
office closed
I enjoyed going to work ever morning knowing it will be something new to learn, for the 15 years I seen a lot of people come and go and it is good to say I got along with everyone even with management and upper management. The most enjoyable part of the day is when I leave I was able to help someone with there problems.
Pros
lost of the venders would bring in lunches and that was a good things
Cons
There is really nothing to say.
AIG was a great company to work for and then they started downsizing and things got crazy.
Having all the resources I need in the workplace to successfully perform my duties. I enjoyed working on team where we cross trained each other.
I started with AIG in Phoenix Az , company transferred me to open new office in Houston. When workers compensation department shut down in Houston RVP sent me to the Dallas office. I went around and said hello to everyone in the office then prepared to begin my day. I've learned there are many jobs that make an office run and everyone's job is important. Co-workers were all nice and many became friends to this day. There was no difficult job duty the best part was helping all the customers in answering and connecting them with the right person.
Pros
Had many holidays
Cons
No Cons
I experience some pros and cons, co-workers are excellent.
Pros
Provide online class to assist employees with continuation education
Cons
not to much promotion within
I assisted a good amount of project managers in this department. I learned about ordering parts and mailing them out. How to fill a parts order if needed by a technician on a job site and if in our warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to use Autocad. I would sometimes be asked to revised asbuilts or blueprints from some of the techs or engineers. Only minor revisisions. This didn't last very long and I was laid off as well.
My experience here at AIG is wonderful, the experience I have gained while working here for 22 years will provide assistance to me when I do leave the company. The company has been downsizing during the last few years, that is the sole reason I am looking for employment elsewhere.
My day started with a hot cup of coffee on my way to my desk. Log into my computer. Take messagers off my answering machine. Returned phone calls.Sort out work for the day. Go to my adjusters and get the work to be prepare for that day. Typed corrspondence for Legal & Medical documents. This is some of what I have to do on a typical day, but more to it don't have the room.In this type of job its a lot to learn. You have management, adjusters, legal and medical leaders to learn from, they all have good information.Management was good.My co-worker and I worked very well together. We were a good team.Every job has its hardest part, but at this time I can't put my finger on one.I enjoyed going to work at AIG, because I loved what I was doing. I enjoyed working with my co-worker because we all worked together to get the job done and when you have a good team it makes your work easier.
Pros
free lunches, holidays, christmas party and the summer events.
Cons
great healthcare
I started my day with a warm "Good Morning" from co-worker and a cup of hot coffee.Everyday I learn a little more. It was always something to learn. A day at AIG was never boring,Management was good and every helpful. They were always there for you and to help in any way they could to make your job pleasant.My co-workers and I worked together very well. We were always there for each other to make the work load easier and fun.The hardest part of the job was when co-workers did'nt come in for work with out a call.The most enjoyable part of the job was when I learned something new. I loved pushing myself to learn more.
Pros
lawyers free lunch, holidays, christmas party, company summer get together
Cons
healthcare benefits
I enjoyed solving problems and seeking answers for customers.I was encouraged to learn new things.The most challenging thing was the repetition of the work.I miss the comradeship of my co-workers.
big company just a number and pencil pusher. stressful work environment, great benefits, really try to boost morale for employees but just a stressful job
  1. Claims Assistant