AIG Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor

Opportunity to meet and profile clients in providing a complete financial plan. Opportunity to set appointments throughout the day , evenings and weekends. Always provided with most up to date technology to help facilitate client interaction
Pros
Opportunity to increase income
Cons
Always looking for ways to increase production, reducing time available for family
I interviewed with several company managers individually and in small groups at several corporate offices around the country. The process took several weeks and extensive travel. My final interviews were in the Chicago, Illinois home offices. My interviews were with several corporate officers there and their staff. The job offer came from the division president .and..mmanager
Overall, a good place to work. Hours are flexible, and you get paid based on the work and effort you put in. Need to stay motivated with your efforts
great company. I have been there for over 2 years. It is very challenging and makes you do your best everyday. The people in the company are very helpful.
I Started working at this firm several years ago and since i have been there almost 10 years, i have been Satisfied at work since getting hired at this firm
-Good place to work -Good People to work with -Management is ready and willing to help make sure you can succeed. -Goals are managable and attainable
Loved management at office. Had a very hard job due to set-up. Most clients do not know how insurance works or what type that they have. Most people only looked to get a cheaper policy. AIG closed ALL the NC offices.
Great place to work. Everyday is something new. The job is very fulfilling, you will meet new people everyday and help them work towards achieving their goals. You will be in charge of making your own schedule as well as maintaining and surpassing quotas. Job is fast paced and fun. Great trainings and coaching from management.
If you are just starting as a financial advisor, this is not the place for you. You need to have a lot of contacts and clients in your funnel on day one so you can ensure success. It is commission based, so get used to living off your savings.
I had the opportunity to work with a wondful manager who helped me expand on my skill set and talents. I would recommend this company as they support their advisors with further education and growth.
Must be self starter and Goal oriented. Coaching is at a minimum, must be willing to reach out to fellow employees to learn what to do and how to do many things to be successful. Most fellow employees were friendly and helpful.
Customer service organization was a godsent! Most co- workers were friendly and professional. The culture was antiquated but was trying to improve. There was plenty of training available but not for the day to day task. There was a get it youself attitude. Politics was the hardest part of the job. It was enjoyable to network amongst some peers.
I was told the job would cover a certain area and when I got hired the area was completely different. The person that hired me left the company. I was working with clients that did not want to talk to an advisor
Pros
Office was in a great location
Cons
Little team work. Working with clients that didn’t want or need your help
Working here is really extremely great and I really enjoy having both been employed and also having gotten the opportunity to work here at this institution.
Pros
Great
Cons
Your entire income is determined by your production and commissions therefrom. Can be a good or bad thing. Management is very hands off and work/life balance is very good.
I was initially hired as a financial advisor that would receive certification during the training program. Subsequently I found out that I was the first person in the district that was hired and successfully completed the program. AIG was not equipped to train, coach or promote for the job that I was hired to do.
Not much support from management, great opportunity for experienced ad visors, lots of commuting to appointments, great technology, company provided work phone and computer.
Decent Company to work for, good work life balance. Management needs work, often not focused on employees. Benefits are top of the line. Ability to travel
Very poor management carrot and stick approach to managing advisors, poor compensation. Lack of opportunities for advancement. The district manager needs to retire and let someone who really knows how to grow a team take over. Bad job choice.
Pros
Setting own schedule
Cons
Everything else
Financial Services Team - Their heart is in the right place, but way too difficult to get anything done. Company should really work on streamlining workflow.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Very little support
Very typical of a large insurance/financial broker. Brings in young men and women and trains them for a week, then sends them out on their own to sell 403b and 457 retirement plans to clients. Not a lot of support after the first week of training. Top producers are rewarded with sales manager roles. Not all top producers are management material.
  1. Financial Advisor