AIG Employee Reviews for Recruiter

*Great work and life balance *Great Employee Resource Groups *Great benefits *A lot of restructuring through out the company which involves several employee riffs mainly in three and four quarters *The compensation is not always alignment with current job markets
Pros
Great benefits and work life balance
Cons
several employee riffs, constant restructuring of senior leadership which can appear to be an unstable enivroment
As a Talent Acquisition Consultant, I helped grow successful agency offices nationwide by recruiting for infrastructure positions to lead, manage, train and support agency Financial Advisors. These director-level positions included operations, training, marketing, and recruiting. With a successful infrastructure team of Directors and Administrators in place, AIGFN Advisors were able to help clients reach their individual financial goals. Responsibilities included client management, candidate interfacing, strategic sourcing, consulting, negotiating comp, successful onboarding, candidate care, and managing the hiring process and from start to finish.
I enjoy working at AIG. Awesome teamwork environment. The work life balance is great. The management style is very open and laid back. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding great talent to join the organization.
It was a great place to work! My manager, team, and co-workers were amazing! I was afforded the opportunity to work with Managing Directors across the company to help fill management positions within newly created agency offices.
Pros
My manager, my team, and my co-workers!
Cons
Corporate Lay-Offs
AIG L&R is a good place to work for 5 years or so. It is structured as such that one can't move up in the organization without relocating, which is frustrating. I enjoyed my time there though.
Your experience will depend on the strength of your direct management. It has grown to be a harder environment to grow in over the years. Reductions in force is another name to let people go because there is no value in employees.
There are some really bright people at AIG. The company could do a better job with developing the talent within the organization.
Benefits
Cons
Pay for performance organization which doesn't allow for merit increases