AIG Employee Reviews for Sales Executive

Dull and did not provide career progression. The company was not forward thinking. During my time there was no allowance for career development or any other avenues of interest not directly related to the role. No real sense of community or job satisfaction.
Not a lot of positives about this company right now. Lots of lay offs, no clear communication to the field on the direction of the company. Executives are getting huge salaries, while the worker bees scrap by. The work culture is very stressful and pretty toxic right now. I would not recommend working for this company.
AIG was a good place to learn different products in an entrepreneurial environment. Constant change in management and vision was the most difficult part of the job
Pros
flex/remote work environment
Cons
constant management change
Whilst the employees remained committed to providing excellent service ,and compliance was maintained , the Corporate nature and predictability of redundancy measures on a regular basis has demotivated many. I learnt about FSA regulated compliance within the Travel insurance industry. That the management team were approachable and as transparent as possible. A typical day at work originally consisted of working to a monitored script selling travel insurance to set KPI,s- ythe hardest part of the job was knowing that even pausing for breath could be construed as misleading the customer. assisting customers successfully and the team work required therein made the job more interesting once the basic call centre role was fulfilled.
Pros
Structured working day
Cons
long hours no security financially
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AIG?