AIG Employee Reviews for Senior Accountant

Nice people to work with Subject experts on almost every work related topics Multiple good learning intranet sites Generally good work life balances Good managers
Pros
Good people with expertise on many subjects. Good IT systems
Cons
Hard to keep the morale high with the workforce reduction and the outsourcing
AIG is an international company that specializes with insurance month other business. Has offices in major cities in USA but the accounting one is in Houston.
Big company with lots of growth potentials. Various locations and friendly staffs. Always busy. More meetings with various management teams. Nice working environment.
Very good benefits and PTO. Organization people for the most part is friendly and is willing to listen to different ideas. Job security is an issue (layoffs tend to be somewhat frequent).
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Lack of job security.
Great learning experience and dynamic atmosphere. Exposure to insurance is beneficial to your footprint in financial services. An overall good culture as well.
I am a woman with financial knowledge in multinational companies and coordination of teams I gained experience in sells and customer service in companies in Colombia. I am a responsible and hard worker person.
Poor Work Life Balance, but great benefits. Not much room for upward mobility. Decent Pay, but poor compensation structure.
I really enjoy the people at AIG, but the work/life balance just isn't there and they are laying off many employees that have given 20+ years of their professional lives so they can send the jobs offshore. I came to AIG with the intent of making this my retirement company, but that hasn't worked out.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No stability