AIG Employee Reviews for Senior Executive Assistant

I would go back if there were a position I would want. Not always much job security but I enjoyed the work and coworkers. Once they find out you're a good worker, they keep adding more and more responsibilities but with no additional pay. But, I was able to work from home most of the time which I really liked!
The company is good to work for, but the only problem is every new year there are budget cuts resulting in job cuts every year in our department. The people are great to work with but very stressful.
Pros
Worked with different ethnicities
Cons
Layoffs every year and during the year
Former department dissolved, up to and including CEO. Was a terrific place to work, mobility possible. Flexible work schedules. iPhones and iPads provided as well as phone access via laptop, for office at home.
Pros
401k Match, great health coverage, pension plan, flexible hours, great work/life balance
Gave the security and stability that I needed to make myself a quality EA within my career field. I will forever be grateful for this experience as I was able to walk away with so many lessons.
AIG has great benefits, PTO and fair compensation but the current environment is very stressful as the company is laying off 2600+ employees through 2019. Also, the yearly raises are negligible or non-existent. The work/home life balance is very fair, many locations are "hoteling" seating so you don't have an assigned desk everyday - your team has a designated number of seats and you rotate days in the office.
Pros
35 hour work week, work from home availability, lots of PTO
Cons
Overall poor morale, jobs not secure
I worked at AIG for nearly 25 years. I expected to retire there but my department was eliminated and I was let go. It is a face paced environment. I enjoyed working there through all the changes of Management and Environment.
AIG is a fast paced environment full of very hard working people. When you join AIG, you join a family. There is tons of room for growth and learn new skills.
Provided day-to-day administrative support to Head of Americas Capital Management and team. On a daily basis I kept the moral for the group, during busy schedules and deadlines. I enjoyed transferring my skills/experience to the team, organized them and assisted them with planning meetings, preparation of presentations. Managed executives calendar by independently prioritizing and amending scheduled meetings with internal business units, senior management but always tried to schedule meetings to accommodate attendees schedules.
Pros
Manager did not micromanage my work he was comfortable with my work product and results
High turnover, lack of clear directives and structure, company still transitioning. Pay is poor with little staff development or career growth. Good talent leaving for brighter opportunities and stability.