AIG Employee Reviews for Underwriter in Atlanta, GA

Enjoyed flexible hours, going to conventions, and getting to know brokers. Old software (excel) led to large amounts of data input. Worked as a team, but there was competition between teammembers, and performance was strongly based upon numbers of sales.
Will not recommend A failing company desperate for revenue, in turn they take terrible risks. Unenjoyable work week. Micromanaged Hated going to work every day
Pros
Experience
Cons
Predatory management, poor career path
Learned a lot with the direction of management. Learned how to run AUS systems. Thrived in a team environment. Worked well in a team environment. Enjoyed completing tasks in a timely manner.
Pros
Management support
Cons
Short breaks
Great Company to work for. I loved going to work everyday, very convenient. Incredible co workers! The office was great, many restaurants and a gym within walking distance.
Large company with lots of different departments. Management is not really supportive. Should be able to multi-task simultaneously and meet goals. The job is not hard and it's fun to learn about planes and go to air shows.
I enjoyed working with AIG, overall the people we open and willing to help and listen.
Pros
The people in my department
Cons
For me no real cons just want something new
My experience with the company has been a challenge for advancement. Little to no diversity. Very little room for growth change or advancement. I was not told that we were able to obtain pay increases for receiving the government bailout. You are penalizes for presenting ideas or if you questions ratings for end of the year reviews. When ask how can we help the company save money I suggested using technology vs travel. work from home. Ideas were shot down.The plus is the company offer a pension but of course not guarantee.