Actalent

Actalent Employee Reviews

Toxic, no career development, less paid, no future

I have started my career with actalent as GET and I have 3years, 7 months of experience in Actalent. Always management won't stick to theie words and they will do false promises. Below are the some points I wanted to let you know:--Toxic & hectic work culture, no value for talent, very poor management, no compensation & benefits. Poor career growth, poor appraisal, no compensation for weekend works and overtime work. Work pressure from senior teammates. Lot of corporate politics.I had 2.5 Lpa package as a GET but after 3.5 years my package was only 3.4 Lpa. (Tragedy of Actalent) In 2022 some people got 300 rupees per month as their appraisal.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Long work hours, poor management, no salary hike, false promises, weekend works without compensation, corporate politics, some people got 300 rupees per month as appraisal in 2022

Quick Process

Actalent is a temp agency with a very quick turn around time. I submitted an application and was contacted within 2 days and offered one of 4 available positions within 3 days total.

Pros

Good pay, flexible schedule

This should be a last resort option for a job

This should be a last resort option for a job. This is a temp agency so a full time role that is staffed with a company is not guaranteed. Only take an offer if you have no other options (in my opinion)

Engaging Culture - Professional Development - Upward Mobility

My experience working internally for Actalent has been extremely positive. Actalent has a high-energy and competitive environment, that is also balanced with teamwork and professional development. While it is not necessarily easy (takes hard work), the company does reward performance with upward mobility and increased financial opportunity.

Solid staffing company follows all the laws of Canada, very empathetic staff.

This company helps people find solid work, and get their foot in the door at good companies. Unfortunately for me I couldn't cope with WFH, so I was let go.

Do Not Recommend

This company (at least my chain of command) is full of snakes. Don’t walk. Run really fast. If you decide to move forward. Trust no one. Leadership will smile in your face and lie behind your back.

Good company to work with

Actalent helped me a lot through my contract with them. My recruiter, MiriahJo was very helpful in the process, and still currently is. I am learning a lot of new skills in the company I am currently contracted in. The workplace culture is full of wonderful people who really enjoy coming to work.

Lower base salary than most but really good culture.

Results driven. Freedom and flexibility to do the job as I see fit. Can't speak for all offices and leadership teams, but the North/South Carolina operation has been the best work experience of my career. Started at 45k salary. Commission earned after first 3 months training. After one year you get a 10k base salary increase and another 5k base increase after you average a certain number on consultants.

Boring

Easy job. Treated like a contractor. Poor management. It isn’t stressful. If you can sit around and not care about time off or being bored all the time. You’ll be fine. Feels like a waste of time. Lacks room for growth.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Expensive health care, no time off, management

Excellent Career Potential and Culture!

Actalent is an incredible place to work! While we work hard and everything is not always easy, its worth it because of the lives we change in Engineering and Sciences, and the opportunity we create for our Colleagues. Business goals and objectives are important, and we drive hard to achieve them, but we never lose sight of the main thing: CAREing for our People (Consultants, Clients, and Colleagues).

financial security, development, mentorship, care

I started my career within the Allegis Group family in 2004 and I can honestly say I have "grown up" in this organization. I have become a homeowner, a wife, and a mother of two. I would have never imagined all that this company has provided me the last 18 years; financial security, development, mentorship and just all around great leaders and people.

Pros

Team culture, leadership, challenge, support system, recognition, rewards

Great Opportunity and Customer Services

Did an awesome job finding me the right opportunity and cared about my success with my career. Really a good recruiter that took care of me. She was always reaching out and giving me feedback, both positive and constructive.

Bad management

Micromanagement and broke laws. No reason to stay other than the pay. I was asked what I was working on every thirty minutes. The project managers were not PEs let alone PEs in the state which work was being completed. Unnessacary meetings, and unrealistic deadlines.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Micromanagement and managers violated laws

Actalent Telecom

Good pay and benefits, including PTO. Flexible work schedule. Inexperienced, youthful managers promote based more or cronyism than merit. Age discrimination is definitely a thing there. Workload goes from manageable to overwhelming for months at a time. The work is enjoyable for the most part since my customer is involved in my day to day work and not my leadership. The culture can vary greatly from one workgroup to another.

No benefits, no advancement

I was told during my recruitment that I might be able to move up to a full GM Cruise employee, but as an AVTO there was approximately 0% chance of that happening. No one had been moved up to Cruise employment in years. If you move to another position in the company there is a very small chance, but even then it's not likely.As for benefits, they offered me two health plans, one of which wasn't even ACA compliant and the other with a very high deductible and premium. Effectively, there were no health benefits. Days off are VERY limited, as in 5-6 days a year paid and only usable after three months there. There are no paid holidays and Cruise is technically open 365 days a year.I feel lied to and disrespected by Actalent, and every single person I talked to about them there was disgusted by their behavior. GM Cruise was pretty good to us, but it wasn't enough.

It’s okay

You get what you put in the job is fun but management will get on your nerves they tell you what they want you to her in the beginning and then once your comfortable the true colors show

Pros

Late hrs

Supportive recruiters

The recruiters are helpful and always responsive. They will help find you an assignment that fits you based on current skill level, and will also help you obtain new ones.

The job titles are very misleading.

Just know that even though the title says “animal care technician” you will not be working with animals what so ever. The job is actually scraping feces out of cages that lab animals are kept in for days, weeks, and even months. You will also come across dead animals as well as you are cleaning.

Abysmal

Poor communication, poor management, prejudicial. You will receive virtually no direction, opportunities for growth or clarity regarding your assignments. Be wary.

Pros

Poor pay

Cons

No benefits, not even the ones promised in your contract.

Unimpressed is an understatement

Unimpressed is an understatement. I would not recommend. Responsiveness is close to zero, and you're doing all the work yourself, basically pointless.

Temp agency

I didn’t know this company was a temp agency or staffing agency as they called it until my first day of work. They tell you that you have a contract with the company so it could end at any given moment without warning. They keep yu on only for 6 months and let you go

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Actalent. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Actalent