Alexandra Health

good teamwork
fun colleague

better prospect

good benefits

tiring due to heavy loads

celebration of birthdays together

long standing hours

need to cover on weekend
It has a different environment layout with greenery everywhere. Nice pond and has a good surrounding to relax. I have done quite a bit of upgrading with innovation to the facilities system e.g. improved the Ejector pump system, re-designed the pond pump system and recently completed project to increase the roof top Potable Water tank capacity by reducing the New Water tank capacity to meet PUB 24 hours supply during an emergency. Beside being in charge of the Plumbing system, I am also taking care of the CSSU and Kitchen equipment service maintenance.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Too far distance from my home
The company has helped me a lot to grow professionally. It offered me continuity of my knowledge and skills as a nurse.
The workplace offers a diverse culture.
Pros
Flexible shifts.
Cons
No overtime pays
We had a typical 8 hours shift in the morning and afternoon, graveyard shift was 12hrs. Overtimes were not paid.
We were able to integrate with other co-workers of different races.

It was fun, somehow, being around the people I grew up in the healthcare profession. I was able to find friends with my colleagues.

The workload was tough and draining, especially the graveyard shift, but after receiving positive feedback from patients and their families, it was all worthwhile.
Pros
Continuous skills training and education.
Cons
Unpaid overtimes and difficult to claim hours.
work place near home.
no staff discount for food.

lunch time very minimal for morning staff. we only eat and run into wards and most of the time we don't eat at all.

foreign staff treat us like slaves.

thy hardly help but have lots of time for their own country people to chit chat
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
- More of Patient-centered
-Too many foreigners

- Staff benefits-Fair

-Working environment - Fair

-Management- Fair

...............................
its a pleasure to work in Alexandra health during my 8 years of stay as a registered nurse. They will ensure that each staff will have an up to date training and learning.
The management is very much like the private sector but much of the pay structure and all are like government service sector. Job security is the only thing that has going for it. If you just do your job, it will advance accordingly. Promotion either comes as your outstanding performance or your annual pay increment exceeds the current pay scale.

The main perks is the fact that the job is directly or indirectly involves helping and saving people through the nation's healthcare system.
Pros
Job security
Cons
low pay, very little job prospects
Not a good place to work. Expected to work overtime everyday, even though work has bee done for the day. Unreasonable superior who only listened to old-timer and not hearing both sides.
Pros
Na
Cons
Biased against butch-looking
Good management team
good learning exposure

enjoyable culture

good bonus

great team to work with

higher management responsible to look after staff welfare
This is a large organisation with more 4000 staffs from various department. It is quite difficult to know each other especially those from different cultural background. Even with the events such as annual dinner and dance, the interaction across departments is minimal.

It has a well designed landscape for staff to work and to relax. The calming environment also aids the in-patients to recuperate during their stay.

The hardest part of the job is too many paper works which can be reduced using technology.
Pros
Flex plan and ward accommodation benefits for family
Cons
more travelling time is required as location is far from home
Alexandra Heath System is a very innovative, pro-learning and fast paced workplace. I learnt a lot working there and made a lot of friends.
Best Management.
Culture is first and foremost at Alexandra health.

Jobs are filled on personality and fit, which makes my coworkers unique and inspiring.

I can't imagine a better place to work as long as you are more interested in meaningful, challenging, exciting work than pure compensation.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
many of my colleagues waiting for promotions which will come as long as you continue to perform
This is a health promoting hospital and encourages every staff to be a model of care - healthy living, believes in upgrading of oneself and giving back to the community - provides free health screening to the neighbourhoods, organising litter picking in the neighbourhood, etc.
Great ambience and environment to work in. Feel sense of contribution to the society because you are helping your colleagues in different field.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alexandra Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Alexandra Health Reviews by Location