Alexandra Hospital

Alexandra Hospital Employee Reviews

Singapore23 reviews

Stressful but meaningful

I think it is quite a nice place to work. The clinics are very busy but it will train you to be better at the way you work. There are also politics which is normal.

Executive (Operations)

This is not an established hospital unlike NUH or NTFGH but rather, a "nesting" hospital. Many of its policies are simply adopted from NUH, "copied and pasted". Alot of unclear instructions, prevalent "blaming" culture, no clear description of workflow or work scope. Highly toxic and demeaning work environment. Overall, weak operations management and leadership. Promotion is not based on merits but "politics". Your efforts won't be appreciated. Save yourself time and head over to NUH or NTFGH instead.

Pros

No comments

Cons

No comments

Productive and Supportive

They are open to new ideas and are willing to listen. I have been given sufficient training to develop my skill well, not only as a professional but as a person,

Productive and a super friendly environment.

A day at AH can be super challenging or can be super chilled depending on the day or time of the year. I have learned how to manage Dementia Patients very well. Management is friendly and approachable if anything. Workplace culture wise we always work in teams and helping out one another to hand over to the next shift smoothly. There are bonds. Hardest part of the job was to handle dementia patient during their super moody times while trying to care for other patients as well. But if you can get yourself composed and know how to ask for help and with good working team, it will be easier to manage the whole situation well. Most enjoyable part of this job is trying to engage the elderly with activities and seeing the smile on their faces brings me a little happiness within me.

Peaceful workplace

Peaceful workplace, nice environment. Officially launched in 2018, the staffs are mostly not very experienced. The new hospital still struggle with compliance and processes, but it does get better

Pros

Worklife balance

Cons

Slow learning and progression

Nice landscape and environment

The hospital is quiet and peaceful and is a conducive environment for daily work. The facilities are relatively new and several areas are still ongoing renovation. The Podiatry clinic runs for full days everyday from Monday to Friday. The patients are friendly and appreciative of the service rendered to them.

Great learning experience in acute setting

Most of my patient's in Alexandra Hospital are elderly. The most enjoyable part is when you are remembered even they are no longer admitted in the ward

A New Start up

A new start up of a different healthcare in the gov sector. A place where you can make a different and suggest what is best for the public and improve the quality.

Graduated as a Staff Nurse.

Working 3 shifts. On rotation assignment as a ward in-charge. Performed clinical duties as assigned. Working with a team of nurses and allied health. Carried out daily ward rounds and do changes on patient's treatment as ordered by doctors

upcoming and stabilizing organization

since its not an established organization, a lot of underwork is being done. But in that issue, there is lack of flow of proper work, no clear description of jobwork,no proper policies to be implemented upon.

Good Hospital

A good nature organisation which is very helpful for patients who are there. I learnt the difficulty what patients are going through Workplace is very busy but very efficient as it is in a Emergency department Now everyone will be patient some of them are always strict

nice workplace

i enjoyed working here. Staff are helpful and nice. it was Fun working with different clients so many things to learn here. You get to socialize with different clients and enjoy activities with them

Learning

Learn alot about hospitalization. The paper words and the ad havo fast base job thought to me to do this fast and correctly. Had many friends. Became more confident of myself to face diffculties.

Hospital with a heart

workers are very compassionate especially the nurses, the company is taking care of the staff well welfare and some other activities offered for the staff as a priveldge

Pros

very homely treatment for the patient

Cons

some services not avaialbale

Productive and an educational place to learn

Very big organisation that is very willing to teach new employee on how to be a good worker.long term career where you can grow to be an asset to the company.

Pros

Medical benefits

Cons

Nil

A rewarding career

Awesome colleagues. This hospital encourages continuous learning, upgrading and teaching. It is a great place to gain as much knowledge for a new nurse!

Pros

Excellent Colleagues

Cons

shift work

no comment

generally ok, old building, nice garden, food are far away. a quiet working environment, staff are nice and helpful and alots of walking and is good for exercise

Nil

1) Register patients handle booking of appointments. 2) Perform billing and charging duties, collect cash payments and ensure that it is securely kept. 3) Provide financial counseling and ensure that all patients' enquiries are attended to and all case notes and X-rays are available for the patients.

Pros

Cons

Always Give Double Standard

good

I got an excellent working experience and satisfaction from my ward and co-workers.Got 3 shifts. Doing night shift with the aggressive clients was the hardest part of job. I have got enjoyable time with the elderly clients while feeding and giving medications.

Productive Workplace

It was nice experiencing the working life.I learnt to work effectively and quickly.I also had to adapt to the workplace as fast as I can since I was new to the job.I put in my best effort to do tasks assigned to me promptly.

Pros

Good Working Environment

Cons

It is distant, but still manageble

Patient Service Associate

Very well management organisation. I have learn to be more patience and understand the illness medical and how to prevent myself in contact of patient. Hard work was recognise and appreciated by the organization. Happy to see patient recover and discharge from the hospital.

Cons

to have a permanent office hours job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alexandra Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Alexandra Hospital with