Alexandra Hospital
View all Alexandra Hospital reviews

Alexandra Hospital

Alexandra Hospital Employee Review

Stressful but meaningful

I think it is quite a nice place to work. The clinics are very busy but it will train you to be better at the way you work. There are also politics which is normal.

Executive (Operations)

This is not an established hospital unlike NUH or NTFGH but rather, a "nesting" hospital. Many of its policies are simply adopted from NUH, "copied and pasted". Alot of unclear instructions, prevalent "blaming" culture, no clear description of workflow or work scope. Highly toxic and demeaning work environment. Overall, weak operations management and leadership. Promotion is not based on merits but "politics". Your efforts won't be appreciated. Save yourself time and head over to NUH or NTFGH instead.

Pros

No comments

Cons

No comments
Same location

Productive and Supportive

They are open to new ideas and are willing to listen. I have been given sufficient training to develop my skill well, not only as a professional but as a person,
Same location

Productive and a super friendly environment.

A day at AH can be super challenging or can be super chilled depending on the day or time of the year. I have learned how to manage Dementia Patients very well. Management is friendly and approachable if anything. Workplace culture wise we always work in teams and helping out one another to hand over to the next shift smoothly. There are bonds. Hardest part of the job was to handle dementia patient during their super moody times while trying to care for other patients as well. But if you can get yourself composed and know how to ask for help and with good working team, it will be easier to manage the whole situation well. Most enjoyable part of this job is trying to engage the elderly with activities and seeing the smile on their faces brings me a little happiness within me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alexandra Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Alexandra Hospital with

Alexandra Hospital Reviews by Location

• Alexandra Hospital
  • Stressful but meaningful
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?