ALL SAINTS HOME

ALL SAINTS HOME Employee Reviews

Singapore16 reviews

Staff and management

Good staff to work with but the management is not pro-staff. They don’t care about the welfare of the staff. Not so much when it comes to benefits for the staff.

IT capability and IT leadership competency

The staff do not know who to approach in the IT department when faced with IT issues. IT issues are not resolved but passing among the staffs. No leadership responsibility. The IT capability and IT leadership competency are doubtful and questionable.

Puzzled

Communications and command and control requires closer look. Politics is rampant throughout the organization resulting in low percentage of staff retention. Career progression is non existent.

Pros

1. Most colleagues are hard working, friendly, caring & co-operative. 2. Free meals

Cons

1. Weak management Team. 2. Rampant politics

Lovely place with very friendly management

I have been working since 2009 and it's almost to complete my 10 years with the all saints home family. And I have experienced with other home in Singapore before I joined with all saints. I know what's the different connection between both home. I am so glad and thanks to God for taking me to all saints family. Our management are very understandable and helpful for staff and the residents. All saints home became our own home that's how my feelings and thanks to God .

Pros

Understandably management

Good job and position.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff welfare shown by the management. The most important lesson that I have learnt from working in this place was the give and take attitude of my co-workers.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long Hours

good workmates and workplace but improvement from the management would be better

tiring but happy to see the residents satisfied with services provided.management should employ additional staffs to ensure safety of residents because a few staff cannot look after 70 resident. ratio of staff to resident is not enough thus scope of work in the job description is not followed. i enjoyed the 1 day program they held in a year during nurses day.

Pros

staffs are friendly

Cons

under staff

Learned a lot based on my job description.

"Culture shock" were the first two words that entered my mind when i first worked here. Hands on commenced prior to orientation (which is unusual). We, newbies were expected to know everything in a short span of time which really pressured us as well. Two months after, we were getting used to the job, understanding different cultures and getting along with the nursing home world. We were provided with enough trainings and seminars to further enhance our knowledge and skills so that's a plus.

Pros

Free lunch and dinner since we stay in the dormitory.

productive and energy consuming workplace

The workplace is good since we have a lot of filipino staffs which makes it easier for us to work closely. The workload is energy consuming since it requires a lot of lifting and transferring of patients who are usually bed-bound. It requires a lot of patience but is fun when interacting with patients.

Pros

free lunch and dinner, free monthly supply of coffee and noodles

Cons

heavy workload due to higher patient to nurse ratio

Productive and enjoyable working environment

I have a very great experience from my previous work. I also learned a lot of things specially in terms of decision making. I also enhance my ideas, exercise my skills.

poor management/lack of staff

-a typical day at work: attend to resident's needs, assist ADLs of residents -what I learned: handling difficult residents and family member -the hardest part of the job: task overload due to lack of staff -enjoyable part of the job: meeting different people

Pros

free lunch

Cons

lack of staff

Challenging is the best word to describe a typical day at work at All Saints home. Working in a nursing home is not an easy task to do.Aside from assisting them with their daily needs like toileting, changing clothes and others, learning to handle each resident's behavior and the family member was really a challenged for me. In addition, you need a lot of patience and love towards them in order to give proper care and attention. As to the management, I honestly feel that the management excels in developing the name of the company but it also it needs to improve in some areas like proper handling of the employees' needs.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

overwork

Challenging work place.Great workmates and environment

Challenging work place.Great workmates and environment.Supportive Director.Co- workers are almost Filipinos and easy to work with them.I learned Nursing care complying Singapore Law.

Pros

Free lunch and Dinner

Cons

Work overload

satisfied

Everyday is a busy day at work. We need to attend 80 residents per day with different attitudes and personalities. I learned many things in this institution including language and culture and i think that's the hardest part of my job especially that I came from another place. Providing elderly care is the most enjoyable part of this job since I love to take care individuals wayback home.

Productive and fun co workers.

Patience, teamwork and being responsible are the key parts in nursing home care job. You should also have physical strength especially in transferring residents and should know the behavior of your residents for you to deal with them.Overall, nursing home care is also fun, you should communicate with your residents and play with them.You should also be open minded and adapt culture diversities and attitude especially in working with different co-workers.

Pros

Free accommodation and meals.

Cons

Just 1 day off and salary not well compensated with your work coverage

fun workplace

bath the resident,feeding,doing exercise,do vital signs,housekeeping for the ward,assist the resident to go for outing conducted by the management, what ive learned from this field is that i learn to control my anger and to have more patience with regards to taking care of the elderly. management, i can easily approach them with regards to my concern both personal and for the resident..hardest part of the job is when some of the resident accidentally fall down..enjoyable, is when the elderly appreciate the good deeds you gave on them.

Pros

free meals, lodging, lunch and dinner

Cons

8 hours a day, 4 dayoff a month

productive and good environment to work with

working in nursing home is not an easy task,i deal with different people every day. rendering holistic care to the patient and at the same dealing with relatives to ensure that their love ones is in good hands. i am independent worker but most likely a team player, listening of ideas from other is significant to enhance my personal development. the most enjoyable part working in this kind of field is it enhance my ability to deal with people with different walks of life..

Pros

free accomodation and food, free wi fi access

Cons

long hours, no overtime pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALL SAINTS HOME. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9