Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa

Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa Employee Reviews

Singapore13 reviews
Communication and comprehensiveness is vital when it comes to working together as a team. With that being said, there were many ups and downs but we always do our best to ensure daily operations goes smoothly.
the working building is wheelchair friendly and working stuff are friendly as they help to pack lunch as for wheelchair user is inaccessible, but however the pathway to the hotel isn't that friendly as needed to go by roadside which I feel is dangerous for such user but overall the work there is fun as it is near beach
Pros
free meals
Cons
inproper pathway
N/A because I'm only working as a part-timer and works only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday . The working environment is a good place to work . So far, so good .
Company: AMARA SANCTUARY RESORT SENTOSA, SINGAPORE
Position: PART-TIME Security Officer.

My Part-time engagement in Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa is due to my own Self Upgrading in Security Related Courses and I have successfully completed all relevant 7 modules with Competency Attainment Achievement and Advanced Certificate in Security Supervision by Security Industry Institute of (Last Module 7/7) on 29 October 2009.

Job Description - Objectives

1) Protect Resort Premises against

i. Criminal / Unauthorized Trespassing

ii. Pilfering Activities- Internal (Staff) / External (Guests) Theft

iii. Anticipate, Investigate and Act to Vice Activities Etc.

2) Assist Security Manager in Facts of Preliminary Investigation

Procedure/Preparation; (Photographs, Incident Report, Statement Recording from

Associates/Guests etc)

3) Ambassador to Guests, VIP(s)/VVIP(s) to ensure their Hospitality and

Satisfactions are well-served and achieved.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Part time
Establishment requires renovation in order to entice guests to the property. Nevertheless,the Courtyard suites and Villas are nice. Having to work with establishment, one has to be hand on and versatile to assist in various Sections and Departments.
Pros
Complimentary transportation and meals
Cons
Difficulty in recruiting staff who has the passion taking it as a job and not a profession
The culture is fun. Too many of fun activities. The Staffs are all good even the bosses. Is just that it is a working in long hours from 0830 - 1845. Its not convenience too as it is located in Sentosa.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours from 0830 - 1845
less room given and not many work has to be done is quite a slow moving hotel and the salary is way to low for me had to leave the company . the management are supportive .
公司的各种系统比较完善,管理层经验非常丰富。医疗福利不错。
每年薪资有一定的增长。工作分工比较明确。
Pros
工作餐
Uniform is ugly -- slippers is a part of the uniform. Good place to begin career, nothing too strenuous. Night shift is a bit creepy as resort is located in sentosa.
'- Treats employees well and also opportunities to attend networking session to mingle and pursue new leads. I have learned about the hotel management traits in handling difficult customer and increasing the revenue of the hotel by acquiring new corporate accounts.
Pros
Good working Environment
Cons
Long Hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa?
Great place to work very supportive associates very helpful learned to be stronger dealing with different types of guest. Management really has no direction.Hardest part was Management was not supportive at all.The enjoyable my colleagues.
Pros
beautiful resort to work
Cons
short of staffs
Naturally, the fun of any holiday is dependent on the Team of the hotel, and the team at this hotel are very good. Not bad to try to be a member here
Pros
free meal provide
Cons
Na
Typical day at work: Co-ordination, checks, assessment, training and administration

What I learned: What the hospitality industry is all about

Management: Similar to any other other management - various levels of authority

Co-workers: The reason why I look forward to going to work everyday

Hardest part of job: The steep learning curve

Most enjoyable part of job: Making someone's day
Pros
Benefits such as free meals, dining discounts, etc.
Cons
High turnover
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa. Our community is ready to answer.