Amazon.com
Amazon.com Employee Review

Isolated and very manipulative

June 11, 2019
I had two managers. One was a recruitment agency for amazon and the other was on of amazons own. I had issues with the latter. I would get mixed messages in meetings like this video call in an informal chat but then it would be reference in a later formal meeting. I found it horrible this particular manager liked to have employees on edge and worried before a meeting. The manager seemed to take pleasure in being emotionally cruel. I took a call from a customer who had just lost a child. Nothing I said could ease her sorrow and I got told I didn't care no one cared. It was a helpless position listening to her sob and try offer comfort. So after the call I took personal time. I spent 8 minutes making a cup of tea then went back to the calls. My manager from amazon told me to "pop" into a meeting. So I did, I was questioned about the personal time, why wasn't I on calls immediately after. I explained the customer needed to grieve and someone to listen. I said it upset me too because I have children. Therefore made a cup of tea to soothe my nerves and got back to it. However this manager heartlessly said thats the job and we don't pay you to make tea, and that was the customers issue, lifes like that, I have children and a wife so it doesn't effect me so why would it you. My recruitment manager was more understanding but i shortly handed in my notice. I can't work for someone that emotionally unintelligent.
Pros
Nothing, your work equipment is sent to you.
Cons
Everything is monitored and you get questioned if you go to the bathroom for too long.
October 15, 2020
Same roleSame location
Virtual Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) - Home
I love being able to work from home. The hiring process was very easy and they gave you all of the information you would need to know about the position before you accepted the position. They provide all of the equipment for your job and the training process was in-depth and overall very good. I am at the end of my 4th week of training and go solo next week and feel I will do well with all of the training, tools, and encouragement I have received. Wish me luck!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Haven’t found any yet
June 26, 2020
Same roleSame location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) - Home
It was great. Everything was well planned out from training up until when the assignment ended. Manager & team were super helpful.
Pros
Set schedule, pay
September 19, 2019
Same role
Technical Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) - Singapore
Amazon is a Day One company. They have Many Extremely Convoluted Unwritten Policies. When will terminate you at the slightest opportunity. Employees are expected to work constant OT unsolicited and unpaid.
  1. Isolated and very manipulative