Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Showing all 43,416 reviews

Great Leadership

The Area Managers and Team Leads were always willing to lend a hand when needed and always encouraged associates to voice out any concerns with regards to safety or work flow.

Pros

Great Site Leadership, collaborative teammates

Amazon

Stressful job, physically painful to exist after working here. I feel ill from time to time, but not sick. I'm often stressed about life and the pay not being enough to live on.

Good: Decent pay, overtime, time off flexibility. Bad: Environment, management, mandatory overtime

Not for mature individuals with good work ethics. Cater to young associates. Insanely loud music, dance club/concert equivalent. Get paid the same amount as others who spend more time playing on their phones than they do work. Management doesn't care about their associates, only there to get a paycheck. Management does not hold associates accountable for things, such as cleaning up their work stations, leaving overflowing garbage containers, garbage on floors for next associate assigned to that station to clean up. Managers allow "cherry picking" making it difficult for others to get expected rates, which in turn gets those associates written up, and possibly terminated. When you do get a good manager, that manager ends up leaving the facility, or transferring to a different shift or department in a short period of time. H.R. is very unreliable or helpful. If you have approved accommodations, they will be broken. Many end up quitting, as opposed to fighting for their accommodations. Mandatory extra shifts during Prime and Peak. They preach about caring about the mental health and safety of their associates, but they truly do not. And, if you mention a safety concern, nothing usually gets done about it, until someone gets hurt. They set Amazon Policies in place, but allow them to be broken, many broken by management. The employee hotline is also a joke. Benefits are great. Pay is very good. Some bonuses. Can use personal time on short notice. No vacation allowed during Peak or Prime.

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexibility, peope and great place to work. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Mandatory What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It's great. It's easy to talk to to people

Amazon

Working for Amazon warehouse was an overall wonderful experience that I believe others will enjoy as well. There’s multiple benefits for employees and different opportunities to advance in your career with the company

Pay rate

Most of the wherehouse received increase pay rate but amazon fresh specifly don’t received so the employees are very upset because that. It’s not. Fare.

Miserable and robotic

It is a job that pays great and has great benefits, but you’re just a number to most people. You’re doing the same task every single day until you get so bored and feel like a robot.

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing. Managers are horrible with the employees. Employees are treated like numbers and work them to where they get hurt or can’t walk. Something needs to be done. Very under paid. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management is horrible! They over work employees to death! At the end of the day employees are either hurt or can’t walk!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Between employees is depressive. What is a typical day like for you at the company?I don’t work there anymore… thank God! Any smart person would run.

Stressful Warehouse Environment

Worked as a picker at the Euclid location and they have very unrealistic quota expectations. The management all knew each other so it seemed and the role didn’t it seem as diverse, making one question the hiring process for management. Long hours, not much work/life balance, pay isn’t worth the stress.

"Logistics Specialist" aka Phone Center - Contracted thru Insight Global

This is my first phone job. WFH is great and pay is not bad at $20.82. Training (3 paid weeks) was thorough and my trainer was awesome; very kind and professional. There is plenty of support when you run into an issue you don't know how to solve. However, I plan on leaving and would not stay for double the pay. I've been on the floor for 4 weeks now and it's my least favorite job I've ever had. The people you speak to are often rude and impatient. Standard work is not always clear nor logical and it leads to confusion and angry drivers. There is mandatory overtime and since it is rush season, I've been scheduled for 6 day weeks (08:30-5:00pm) all of November and December with no option for time off. Calls are constant and you will be messaged by a manager if you are not meeting standards (30 seconds before and after each call with expectation of 80+ calls per shift after training). I'm told that you can move into other teams easily, but I foresee very little chance of actually moving UP in this company.It's thankless, soul crushing work. Unless you have the patience for speaking to people who do not care about you or see you as human all day every day, do not accept this position. WFH is the only benefit and they are switching to hybrid (Tempe office) in January anyway. Do yourself a favor and find a company that actually values you and your contributions.

Pros

Work from home, paid training, Overtime pay

Cons

Mandatory overtime, no sick/vacation time for contract workers, no holiday time or pay, rude drivers/carriers, stats and quotas, company culture, repetitive

Divertido

Grupo de personas buenas manager muy atentos a resolver algún problema ambiente tranquilo

Not a fun place to work

AMAZON is NOT the ideal place to work that most people believe it to be. The hours are long and grueling. Management does not treat us with the respect and dignity that EVERY EMPLOYEE DESERVES. FAVORITISIM is an everyday thing at AMAZON. It is NOT the company I thought it to be when I started working there over 2 years ago.

Cons

short breaks, disrespect, rampant favoritism

Hard

For the amount of stress I have to deal with every night, you’d think I’d get paid more. Good workers are treated poorly and bad workers never get in trouble. Would not recommend

Good pay secure job

Amazon is a good place to work. You can work as many hours as you want. Work life is good people are respectful and polit. It is not an easy job so you need to be sure you want to work and not slack off

Pros

work as much as you want

Cons

management can be frustrating sometimes

Nice

Good employees, good pay and nice managers. Though long hours, especially during peak periods such as xmas but you can get used to that. Decent place overall.

Great compamy

Great company to work for they respect there employees treat employees how they should be treated this company likes to help there employees out by giving them company logo clothes to wear

4 days travel to WF5 from Bradford for training then van is provided

Great company to work for, Managment team are all Seasoned professionals with strong work ethics, for those who do not own a van, a van can be very conveniently provided, check your tyres and put the hours in = a highly satisfying role W

Terrible place to work at.

The workload is overwhelming, and nobody really cares in this warehouse. Management half-trains you on the different processes for about 2 days, then throws you onto the floor immediately after expecting you to know everything about your task.

Pros

Vto

Cons

Everything else

Face paced and fun place to work

This was another great place to work and get some experience. Fast paced entertainment with advancement opportunities. They pay structure I’d fair and the management wasn’t bad.

Pros

Pleasurable place to work

Cons

I didn’t feel there was any cons for me

a typical day at work

You arrive before your shift of 7am or 7pm, you go your assigned location. It starts with a brief meeting then you work for 10hrs with a break in the am & pm and a half hour lunch. It’s ver physical work and will wear down your body. It’s very repetitive. Promotions are hard to obtain, unless you have connections. Very easy hiring process, no interview or annual write ups.

Excellent company

The culture is not toxic, they make you feel like you matter to the company, very nice management and colleagues and high paying salary even for starters

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Amazon.com with