Amazon.com

Customer Service Representative16 reviews
Singapore16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 43,416 reviews

At home

Worked from home customer service. It was a lot of figure it out on your own. The hours were never posted when they said they would be and since you pick your hours they were often picked through leading to weird work hours.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Not enough direction and invisible management

I liked it when I worked there but it turned quick.

They promised all of us seasonal worker permanent jobs after a trial period during the pandemic. We worked really hard and they let all of us go once the other countries opened back up and they could replace us and pay them less. This was an awful thing to do because a lot of people I worked with depended on this job and thought they had a guaranteed job. They could have just been honest. Kinda reminds me of the really nice friend who tells you what you want to hear when that’s not what you need.

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Dishonest

If you like to baited

Bait and switch this is the Job for you. The company will tell you how much your performance matters but in all actuality they just want someone there to complete the season. And not convert you.

Average experience

work there for a couple of months. everything is ok and im ok with the company. will go back to the company if i need to. will refer friends also a

Tough

I worked as a csa. The job is gruelling. The pay doesnt match what is expected of you. They monitor absolutely everything and managers micromanage. Team culture is fantastic and the only thing that kept me there for a long time

Pros

Team

Cons

Long hours, bad shifts, pay

You will get yelled at

You gotta have a thick skin to work in any customer facing department because you will be blamed for things that are far from your control. Having an awesome Team Lead helps.

Work from home

I love being able to work from home. The hiring process was very easy and they gave you all of the information you would need to know about the position before you accepted the position. They provide all of the equipment for your job and the training process was in-depth and overall very good. I am at the end of my 4th week of training and go solo next week and feel I will do well with all of the training, tools, and encouragement I have received. Wish me luck!

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Haven’t found any yet

Loved it

It was great. Everything was well planned out from training up until when the assignment ended. Manager & team were super helpful.

Pros

Set schedule, pay

Many Extremely Convoluted Unwritten Policies

Amazon is a Day One company. They have Many Extremely Convoluted Unwritten Policies. When will terminate you at the slightest opportunity. Employees are expected to work constant OT unsolicited and unpaid.

WOrk from home

Answered phones and solved customer issues. We had a chat room to interact w team members. We had access to supervisory help. If I couldn't solve an issue tere was someone who could.

Pros

no commute

Cons

no peers to chat with

Isolated and very manipulative

I had two managers. One was a recruitment agency for amazon and the other was on of amazons own. I had issues with the latter. I would get mixed messages in meetings like this video call in an informal chat but then it would be reference in a later formal meeting. I found it horrible this particular manager liked to have employees on edge and worried before a meeting. The manager seemed to take pleasure in being emotionally cruel. I took a call from a customer who had just lost a child. Nothing I said could ease her sorrow and I got told I didn't care no one cared. It was a helpless position listening to her sob and try offer comfort. So after the call I took personal time. I spent 8 minutes making a cup of tea then went back to the calls. My manager from amazon told me to "pop" into a meeting. So I did, I was questioned about the personal time, why wasn't I on calls immediately after. I explained the customer needed to grieve and someone to listen. I said it upset me too because I have children. Therefore made a cup of tea to soothe my nerves and got back to it. However this manager heartlessly said thats the job and we don't pay you to make tea, and that was the customers issue, lifes like that, I have children and a wife so it doesn't effect me so why would it you. My recruitment manager was more understanding but i shortly handed in my notice. I can't work for someone that emotionally unintelligent.

Pros

Nothing, your work equipment is sent to you.

Cons

Everything is monitored and you get questioned if you go to the bathroom for too long.

Excellent place to work

I loved working for amazon. I was in logistics and had a couple different managers and they were always understanding and provided thorough training. I never was left confused.

Easy work but very few hours

It was easy work at home. You made your own schedule but you was allowed only 20-30 hours per week. The system was very easy and It easy set up nice and pretty much explained itself.

Pros

Make own schedule

Cons

No advancement

Inconsistent Management

In the space of a year I had 11 managers! Another issue is that, on a whim, they can force you to change your schedule based on their needs and if you can't you're gone.

Pros

decent discount and pay

Cons

random managerial changes and schedule changes

fast paced

Very fast paced, highly metricized, minutia to the second accounting of your time. Direct management is great. Not a fan of corporate mindset of such.

Pros

from home

Cons

hours available

Its Ok

You get yelled at alot for things that you have nothing to do with. The training is poor and if you cant swing it essentially on your own your not going to make it. The management is poor, and almost never has an answer for you. But if you can get past that it is work from home and pays more then most convenience stores start you out at. And you talk to some nice customers.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Rude Customers, Bad Management, No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Amazon.com with