Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

It was easy work at home. You made your own schedule but you was allowed only 20-30 hours per week. The system was very easy and It easy set up nice and pretty much explained itself.
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
No advancement
I love being able to work from home. The hiring process was very easy and they gave you all of the information you would need to know about the position before you accepted the position. They provide all of the equipment for your job and the training process was in-depth and overall very good. I am at the end of my 4th week of training and go solo next week and feel I will do well with all of the training, tools, and encouragement I have received. Wish me luck!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Haven’t found any yet
It was great. Everything was well planned out from training up until when the assignment ended. Manager & team were super helpful.
Pros
Set schedule, pay
Cons
Amazon is a Day One company. They have Many Extremely Convoluted Unwritten Policies. When will terminate you at the slightest opportunity. Employees are expected to work constant OT unsolicited and unpaid.
Answered phones and solved customer issues. We had a chat room to interact w team members. We had access to supervisory help. If I couldn't solve an issue tere was someone who could.
Pros
no commute
Cons
no peers to chat with
I had two managers. One was a recruitment agency for amazon and the other was on of amazons own. I had issues with the latter. I would get mixed messages in meetings like this video call in an informal chat but then it would be reference in a later formal meeting. I found it horrible this particular manager liked to have employees on edge and worried before a meeting. The manager seemed to take pleasure in being emotionally cruel. I took a call from a customer who had just lost a child. Nothing I said could ease her sorrow and I got told I didn't care no one cared. It was a helpless position listening to her sob and try offer comfort. So after the call I took personal time. I spent 8 minutes making a cup of tea then went back to the calls. My manager from amazon told me to "pop" into a meeting. So I did, I was questioned about the personal time, why wasn't I on calls immediately after. I explained the customer needed to grieve and someone to listen. I said it upset me too because I have children. Therefore made a cup of tea to soothe my nerves and got back to it. However this manager heartlessly said thats the job and we don't pay you to make tea, and that was the customers issue, lifes like that, I have children and a wife so it doesn't effect me so why would it you. My recruitment manager was more understanding but i shortly handed in my notice. I can't work for someone that emotionally unintelligent.
Pros
Nothing, your work equipment is sent to you.
Cons
Everything is monitored and you get questioned if you go to the bathroom for too long.
I loved working for amazon. I was in logistics and had a couple different managers and they were always understanding and provided thorough training. I never was left confused.
In the space of a year I had 11 managers! Another issue is that, on a whim, they can force you to change your schedule based on their needs and if you can't you're gone.
Pros
decent discount and pay
Cons
random managerial changes and schedule changes
Very fast paced, highly metricized, minutia to the second accounting of your time. Direct management is great. Not a fan of corporate mindset of such.
Pros
from home
Cons
hours available
You get yelled at alot for things that you have nothing to do with. The training is poor and if you cant swing it essentially on your own your not going to make it. The management is poor, and almost never has an answer for you. But if you can get past that it is work from home and pays more then most convenience stores start you out at. And you talk to some nice customers.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Rude Customers, Bad Management, No benefits
  1. Customer Service Representative