Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

- Work with friends - Understands the cycle of Logistics & Supply Chain - Culture - Able to learn and apply new knowledges - Learnt to have Critical thinking
Pros
High pay
Cons
Superiority
In the space of a year I had 11 managers! Another issue is that, on a whim, they can force you to change your schedule based on their needs and if you can't you're gone.
Pros
decent discount and pay
Cons
random managerial changes and schedule changes
Flawless execution is not rewarded at Amazon. If you do not have a family, enjoy working 60-80 weeks, do not like being rewarded for significant contributions, and never want to see your signing bonus, Amazon is a great place to work.
Pros
steady stream of work
Cons
lack of leadership
Very fast paced, highly metricized, minutia to the second accounting of your time. Direct management is great. Not a fan of corporate mindset of such.
Pros
from home
Cons
hours available
You get yelled at alot for things that you have nothing to do with. The training is poor and if you cant swing it essentially on your own your not going to make it. The management is poor, and almost never has an answer for you. But if you can get past that it is work from home and pays more then most convenience stores start you out at. And you talk to some nice customers.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Rude Customers, Bad Management, No benefits
In candid opinion i did not found something much to encourage me, base on the fact that, there are some sort of misconceptions. above all many RED TAPETISM
Un día típico de trabajo es un día muy ocupado. El sueldo no se corresponde con la cantidad de trabajo que uno hace. Los compañeros son agradables, pero los conozco solo por chat. Lo mejor es que se trabaja desde casa. El trabajo corresponde a Amazon.es.
Pros
Trabajo remoto desde casa
Cons
No hay seguro médico privado y el sueldo es bajo para la media en este sector.
almost no positive feedback ever- team lead absent too much of the time-few answers to questions-the company offers a 10 hour shift but with the breaks and the lunches it was actually 11.5 hours
The approach to the Leadership Principles is very different from other companies and the drive to excel in them in relentless.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
There was an incredible convenience in being able to wake-up and login to my home computer to work. All communication with other employee's was done through various channels, such as software, message boards, email, and other digital mediums. I learned a lot about supporting retail, helping customers with their accounts, orders, deliveries, various services offered by Amazon, and their line of Kindles. Essentially, anything a customer could do at amazon.com, or anything they had an issue with pertaining to their account or orders, I had to be able to answer for. The most enjoyable part of the job was working from home and helping customers with their issues. However, while Amazon prides themselves on customer service, they also demand their employees abide by call statistics, something they don't tell you in training. This causes customer service associates to want to get off the phone as swiftly as possible, and many times customers are not receiving the type of support that could truly help. I also had many customers tell me they have received mixed information from various technicians through multiple calls to Amazon. This is clearly due to the fact that employees are not given adequate training, and they're expected to abide by call stats. I personally feel quality is better than quantity.
Pros
working from home
Cons
call-statistics based job
It's nice to work somewhere that my skills are valued and that I'm not just a number.
Pros
lots of free stuff.
Cons
technical department is in india and the staff are not very competant.