AMD

AMD Employee Reviews

Singapore26 reviews

Great Internship

The company is quite relaxed about attire and punctuality for day to day operations so long as work is done. They were learning opportunities for us interns in the form of structured lessons detailing advances in semiconductor technology that were not taught in university courses. Management was great and efficient while workplace culture tends to the introverted side. I enjoyed my six months there.

One of the best company to work for

I am working in AMD as a product engineer for the past 3 years. Under Lisa Su's leadership, I can strongly feel this company is growing at a rapid speed and a lot of positivity in the environment. Employee trust the management. Finally, AMD is back on the track after some downturn faced during the 2013-2014 time frame. Honestly, I wasn't surprised because I met many people who possess brilliant minds. Compensation is fair compared to the other semiconductor companies and trusts me, this company does take care of their employees. However, with good business, stress level also going up gradually, which may impact work/life balance sometimes. Also, after some time, you may work more on repetitive stuff, which at some point will get boring. But, I believe, every company will have that issue, no matter how good is that company. Job security is satisfactory since the business is skyrocketing. I'm loving it!

Pros

Decent health benefits, insurance coverage

Cons

Canteen food

Good company to work at

Would be glad to work there again as company employee. Their employee welfare and benefit are good. As long as task assigned and completed. The supervisor will leave you alone.

Designing

The given work was not related to my qualifications They have put me in training and after the period extended the training to another 45 days. They had put me in digital section and not in Analog section.

Friendly environment to strive

Everyone is friendly in AMD and we are not particular about the time you clock in and out, that's probably because most of us needs to have night conference call with Canada or US. Situated just beside the PIE does not really mean that location is easily accessible, especially with the morning and evening traffic conditions.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Plenty of night conference calls

Great working environment.

Most of my colleague are very professional and busy working for their project and hence they don't have time to teach me, I have to work in a team under minimum supervision, I had learnt on how to ask quality question so that I can grow in the shortest time.

Work hard and Play hard.

Nice Experience in AMD. I did ATE Characterization in AMD. i had knowledge about ATE testers during the internship period. Advantest 93k and sapphire.

AMD Experience

The key objective of the role is to continuously improve the reliability / availability of equipment and plant through developing and implementing a maintenance best practice system and a drive towards World Class Manufacturing standards.

Pros

Work balance life.

Cons

Not much.

Test Engineer

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) is an American multinational semiconductor company which produces the processors. I worked as a test engineer . It is tight schedule in AMD as test engineer. I have to released the test program in time as production schedule. Not specific working time and i need to stay back if it is necessary.Working environment is quite nice with own canteen and Gym facilities.

Pros

Gym facility

Cons

long hour

Many areas to improve

A good company with good solutions that lacks strong long term vision. Not employee friendly as the company is always downsizing and sends messages of uncertainly to its partners and OEMs.

Pros

Market leading solutions

Cons

Lack of marketing and brand awarness

Productive and fun workplace with bi-annually department team building activities.

A typical day at AMD is fun & exciting with unexpected challenges working with overseas counterparts and cross functional teams. I have learnt how to manage my time juggling between equipment setup/maintenance, working on multiple projects with cross functional groups to preparing/answering for quality audits. Management and co-workers at AMD are exceptionally understanding and helpful. The hardest part of my job would be to see so many friends and colleagues leave during my ~23years there due to the economic outlook. The most enjoyable part of working in AMD is that we are go through hardships and have fun together like one big happy family.

Pros

Excellent healthcare coverage

Good place to work at

Very satisfied with the working environment. As a fresh grad going into the company, i was able to grow and the company will always find ways to reward engineers who have the talent and positive attitude.

Great Workplace

Good work environment Amazing Work life Balance Helpful colleagues Good benefits Competitive management Works on cutting edge technology

Always on the move

If you're someone who loves working at a competitive environment this is it. I liked the fact that there is always something around the corner needing attention and resolution. I grow fast that way. Mosts of your information is obtained directly via team members as they prefer to work silo until a team alignment is needed to attain a certain goal. They have team building activities which are always good for promoting a stronger culture of unity.

Pros

Team building culture

Cons

Always on the ball

Dying company

A lot of people got retrenched for the past few years, work very boring although relaxed. Can't totally blame the company, the whole semiconductor industry in Singapore is dying.

Pros

relaxed environment

Cons

boring

AMD has been destoyed by incompetant managment

You get to work on the cutting edge of technology, if you are in it to learn you can get do that by the bucket loads. Some of the brightest engineers are at AMD because the interview process is very rigorous Fair warning though, you'll have no job stability. AMD is in pretty bad financial shape for a number of years now and layoffs are the norm. Performance counts for nothing, lay offs are frequent every quarter. Layoffs target dept without a second thought. Personal under affected debts are just numbers to be reduced. Management are mostly clueless MBA paperweights with no understanding of technology, some of them do have engineering degrees but it seems they have no touch with today's industry realities. During layoffs management almost always never affected, typical case of 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'. The management cartel is destroying the company. Focus is more on making pretty slides (some of the best looking TBH) for presentations and there are a ton of pointless meetings. If you are an engineer trying to make a difference, AMD right now isn't the place for you as you'll be removed come some layoff before you get to make any difference. If you are in it learn things right out of college maybe AMD might work out for you, though there are cases were fresh gads were laid off just 4months into their time in the company. The board of directors are totally useless, they are the very people responsible for hiring/appointing the people that have led to the company's dire state it is in today. Shareholders must act before it is too late, clean out the -

Pros

Cutting edge of tech, tons of learning, some of the best engineersin industry

Cons

Bonus grabbing top level mamagment, clueless supervisors and low level managers, cartel like mentality among managers

Highly energized manufacturing environment

Good work place with supportive management. There were many challenging projects but very satisfying once they are completed. Organizational changes were plenty during my time so in that period, it can be difficult to focus.

Productive and fun work place

Work life balance , company provides frequent team buildings to build strength within teams and cross functions. Provide good Meal allowances, transport allowances, flexible working hours, Good medical benefits.

Pros

Cons

lack of proper documentations

Fun workplace

AMD is the only alternative to Intel when it come to consumer PC microprocessors. Without AMD, there will be a monopoly in the CPU business which is not good for the consumers. The presence of AMD maintains the balance of CPU pricing in the PC market.

Productivity and satisfaction

Healthy work live style. Proper training. Good guidance. Good management. Safe work place. Good benefits like long service awards, recognition awards etc Most enjoyable part of my job is.. Meeting new staff, Working diff level of staff Great Teamwork

Pros

Company event, like family day, ADnD, etc

young workforce

it was my first job and it was great when I was there. Alot of fun young people like me..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

AMD Reviews by Location

• AMD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?