American Express

American Express Employee Reviews

Singapore38 reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,290 reviews

Overall good company to work for

The company takes care of it's employees and customers when the pandemic hit - priority on mental health, physical health and safety was top of mind from top down. Great recognition programs if you are a top performer. Local markets do the heavy lifting go-to-market work with central teams based in UK/US.

Pros

Global relocation opportunities possible (for the right talent), Focuses on customer service and rewards, Rewards employees fairly with recognition programs and awards, Fairly open and approachable leaders, Strong growth even in difficult times, Great colleagues, most are open to share and learn, Great benefits

Cons

Limited digital resources vs projects, Inefficient processes (as per any matrix organisation), Lack of SOP or formal documentation culture, Hard to navigate for new joiners, Many compliance / enterprise trainings to be completed each year, Smaller markets lack resource/funding support, Silo decision making across business units (takes time to buy-in and align), Uneven work load among some teams

Good

Good place to work in. Highly recommended. Good work life balance. Great people, Great culture, Great work environment. Nothing bad really..... .

Good

Good company , worth it working here to gain exposure in sales industry and good working culture....many opportunities to branch out and explore various positions or departments. Managers very supportive and encouraging.

Productive Work Environment

Lots of people engaged with helping company grow. Important to understand and promote company. Potential for internal growth with the right teammates.

high performance culture and networking required

great place to build a career, friends and work family will require great networking skills to stay relevant and know and be known by the right leaders

Good place to learn and grow

Collaborative work culture , a good place for women as Amex is one of the pioneer organisations in initiating a work life balance culture. Company can get better at having good leaders thou.

Great experience

Multi tasking and learn alot collaborating and working with other departments. Colleague engagement is high and excellent benefits. Fast paced environment.

Great place to work for but shaky

Typical work day is filled with work - calls, meetings, emails. You would learn how to manage clients and internal clients from all levels. Management depends on who got up there and what kind of person he or she is. If there is strong belief in hiring locally, the locals get hired. If there is a strong belief in supporting working mothers, you see the same going around, etc, etc. Work place culture isn't the worse. People are generally polite, friendly. As usual, the gossips goes around but it really isn't a place that irks you until you would want to step out of it. Hardest part of the job is that the management lives in a bubble at times, what works in Asia may not work in US or Europe and vice versa. Change is a constant in the work place, so job security isn't the best. Work, life balance is really work life integration. Most enjoyable part of the job are the colleagues who are caring and genuine people, the nice office environment, the fun events. Work just brings the paycheck, seldom is it seen as enjoyable.

Work Life Balance

My 5 years working experience at Amex was an eye opener. Management values it's employee's voices and practice good Work Life Balance culture is the best. Everyone was given a fair opportunity in their career progression and open management.

Meh

Good benefits and pay, poor working hours if you want a life. Would recommend for those who don't care about being a workaholic. But no w/l balance .

Absolutely loved my job in AMEX. Great Organisation that cares for its people and believes in work life balance. Work from home is considered positively and inclucates a team spirit.

Best place to work

Amex given me a lot of opportunities to develop my skills professionally and aligned with plans to implement new ideas in order to improve company revenue.

Good people. Good culture.

Great people to work with. Management was not as good. Part of an outdoor sales team, travelling around different areas of Singapore to push cards new or old.

Collaborative Environment

During my tenure, I appreciated the opportunity to work closely with internal stakeholders and their respective departments to ideate and bring to life several projects designed to increase awareness of our product offerings and while enhancing our brand recognition.

Pros

Collaborative environment

Cons

Contractors can't attend some of the training sessions

Empowering and friendly culture

American Express has an empowering and friendly culture. Believes in working hard and playing hard and has work life balance as well. Fun place to be in!

Comfortable workplace but little career progression

Fun events every now and then but low chance of getting a promotion unless unless someone leaves. Inexperienced management makes work more challenging

Excellent Values

The company has a strong values driven culture; enables employees to work autonomously and embraces diversity. Being a global company you get to work with colleagues around the globe and develop a woking knowledge of many different cultures.

Pros

Global Company

Cons

Not competitive enough in the current payments space.

Productivity and Work life Balance

I love working with American Express company. It has always been in my heart wherever i go. I hope they will opportunities for Permanent Position. Very productivity and work live balance.

Innovation on the go, ever evolving, fast paced, multi cultural, abundant opportunities

One of my best experiences of the corporate world! American Express has raised my profile immensely and transformed me into a great professional who is not shy of taking calculated risks and think strategically for the growth of the organization.

Had the opportunity to work in different roles during my 11 years there. Supported different leaders of different nationalities and worked very well with them.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Nil

Fun and performance driven environment

High in values , diverse culture , people oriented company. Flexible working pattern ( work from home is allowed) . Employee engagements and rewards and recoginition .

Pros

Famils trip

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

American Express Reviews by Location