Play YouTube video button

Good work life balance.

Great people,

Great culture,

Great work environment.

Nothing bad really..... .
Good company , worth it working here to gain exposure in sales industry and good working culture....many opportunities to branch out and explore various positions or departments. Managers very supportive and encouraging.
Lots of people engaged with helping company grow. Important to understand and promote company. Potential for internal growth with the right teammates.
great place to build a career, friends and work family
will require great networking skills to stay relevant and know and be known by the right leaders
Collaborative work culture , a good place for women as Amex is one of the pioneer organisations in initiating a work life balance culture.

Company can get better at having good leaders thou.
Typical work day is filled with work - calls, meetings, emails.
You would learn how to manage clients and internal clients from all levels.

Management depends on who got up there and what kind of person he or she is. If there is strong belief in hiring locally, the locals get hired. If there is a strong belief in supporting working mothers, you see the same going around, etc, etc.

Work place culture isn't the worse. People are generally polite, friendly. As usual, the gossips goes around but it really isn't a place that irks you until you would want to step out of it. Hardest part of the job is that the management lives in a bubble at times, what works in Asia may not work in US or Europe and vice versa. Change is a constant in the work place, so job security isn't the best. Work, life balance is really work life integration.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the colleagues who are caring and genuine people, the nice office environment, the fun events. Work just brings the paycheck, seldom is it seen as enjoyable.
My 5 years working experience at Amex was an eye opener. Management values it's employee's voices and practice good Work Life Balance culture is the best. Everyone was given a fair opportunity in their career progression and open management.
Good benefits and pay, poor working hours if you want a life. Would recommend for those who don't care about being a workaholic. But no w/l balance .
Absolutely loved my job in AMEX. Great Organisation that cares for its people and believes in work life balance. Work from home is considered positively and inclucates a team spirit.
Great people to work with. Management was not as good.

Part of an outdoor sales team, travelling around different areas of Singapore to push cards new or old.
During my tenure, I appreciated the opportunity to work closely with internal stakeholders and their respective departments to ideate and bring to life several projects designed to increase awareness of our product offerings and while enhancing our brand recognition.
Pros
Collaborative environment
Cons
Contractors can't attend some of the training sessions
American Express has an empowering and friendly culture. Believes in working hard and playing hard and has work life balance as well. Fun place to be in!
Fun events every now and then but low chance of getting a promotion unless unless someone leaves. Inexperienced management makes work more challenging
The company has a strong values driven culture; enables employees to work autonomously and embraces diversity.
Being a global company you get to work with colleagues around the globe and develop a woking knowledge of many different cultures.
Pros
Global Company
Cons
Not competitive enough in the current payments space.
I love working with American Express company. It has always been in my heart wherever i go. I hope they will opportunities for Permanent Position. Very productivity and work live balance.
One of my best experiences of the corporate world!
American Express has raised my profile immensely and transformed me into a great professional who is not shy of taking calculated risks and think strategically for the growth of the organization.
Had the opportunity to work in different roles during my 11 years there. Supported different leaders of different nationalities and worked very well with them.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Nil
High in values , diverse culture , people oriented company.
Flexible working pattern ( work from home is allowed) .

Employee engagements and rewards and recoginition .
Pros
Famils trip
Cons
I was just a contract staff then however the people there do appreciate you and help you in many ways

I left because I need to pursue my degree if not I would not have left
Pros
Good colleague and great environment
Cons
Not many full time position
We task to do collection of credit card debts from corporate customer. I enjoy the colleague and friendly working environment. The hardest part of the job is you have to call hundreds customer account within a day.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
call hundreds customer account within a day
AMEX is one of the best company to work for as they really pamper there employees.

Though the process I was in was a bit challenging however the satisfaction we used get after getting the job done was awesome.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.
3.6K