Ang Mo Kio - Thye Hua Kwan Hospital

Ang Mo Kio - Thye Hua Kwan Hospital Employee Reviews

Working in Ang Mo Kio was a good experience to practice my customers skills. In dealing with patients. Working together with the team is very important too. To be able to meet residence satisfaction.
They only care about company's income and earnings, they don't take care their people/ staffs. Benefits of foreigner is not equal with PR/CItizens working there.
Cons
Poor management
Everyday i faced a very challenging role as a staff nurse , do a lot of responsibilities including paper works. I learned so many things here specially how to deal with toxic event and handle a hard situation properly and to work with minimal supervision. The management are fairly good. The best part of my career life was every time i saw my patient able to go home with no aches and pain.
Pros
meal allowance
Cons
long hours of work
Its a good place. Beautiful and happy people. Good co-workers. Easy to cope up with the environment. Well oriented on task, protocols and standards. Its a very challenging job for me as we deals with heavy work loads. But so far still can handle. What i enjoy the most is that the friendship of each person wether it is nurses or patients. I enjoyed being part of the company even if in the short period of time. I learned the true value of my work that its not only work itself but being with other people helping, sharing and caring with passion and love.
the director are people oriented and always pushing the lower employee to be at their best its so sad that not all officers are not like him., happy to work with nice & helpful colleagues,,
Pros
training, lots of celebration
Cons
lack of manpower
typical day at work is showering patients. i have learned to be independent and at the same time a team player, and nursing is working in a team. The hardest part of the job is when you are doing what you can to provide care to patient but not appreciated. the most enjoyable part of the job is when staff are enough so you could do your work smoothly
Pros
team building
Cons
language barrier
Everyday we are able to meet patients with different illnesses and able to build up good rapport with them. The supervisor were able to gave us all new information and all other professionals were helpful. It is a very friendly environment and everyone were given a chance to grow and learn.
Handling a lot of in patient who are not well especially mental. However I have a lot patience and understand the needs of my responsibilities. I have good rapport with my team and the patience.
As in any community hospital, the routine of any Staff Nurse consist of assessing and monitoring patient's conditions, giving and administering medications, following doctor's rounds and carrying out orders, wound dressings, collaborate with the therapists in the rehabilitation care of patients. Years had past, almost all my ex-colleagues and superiors in AMKH had left that place for various reasons. So, I am commenting about my past working relationship at AMKH. From AMKH, I learnt a lot that helps me in my nursing experience. There is a strong learning culture there. The matrons and Nursing Officers have the perfect balance that any nurse would hope to work for. On one hand they are firm but on the other hand, they are not people who condemn others. They are just and result oriented which I like. My superiors are like "parents" and "elder siblings" to me. Whenever, I made mistakes, they have the patience to guide me after rebuking me. That is what I like, there is a world of difference being corrected by care; and being disciplined with condemnation. There is a strong family-like culture which not many people can discerned. My colleagues are cooperative and some of them become my lifelong friends. I worked there for 12 and a half years and I rarely heard of gossips, it is amazing in a large workplace. By the way, don't get me wrong, all of us have "spikes like porcupines", we are not saints. But overall, somehow I got along well with everyone there. To share a silly thought, during my employment in AMKH, I dreamt of contributing to - more...
Pros
Great work culture and reasonable good salary.
Cons
Do not underestimate the workload, workload can be very hectic at times.