Apple

Home Solutions Advisor9 reviews
Singapore9 reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,596 reviews

Pretty good

I honestly love working for Apple. All the insane benefits and competitive pay definitely would make you feel appreciated. Speaking of the benefits, there are so many of them. Maternity leave, fertility support, employee discounts, free software, vacation, sick.....You name it. I could see Apple is trying their best to improve their employee’s quality of life. For the pay, I’m pretty happy with it. I make more than what I was making in my previous jobs and get to work from home. What more could I ask for?

Pros

Pay, benefits, job opportunities, remote work

Cons

Sometimes you feel disposal.

Low pay high tech

Nit too bad a company but pay was very low. I earned less in 2016 than I was getting in 1996. Worked from home but very strict timing and limited autonomy.

Pros

Reasonable benefits

Cons

Poor pay and poor work life balance

Stable job but can be depressing after a while

Remote work basis saves a lot of time on traveling, but can be rather depressing sometimes being physically alone in your own home. You'll need a strong mind to be comfortable working alone. Working for China market means not having time off on SG public holidays most of the time. You'll be compensated with off-in-lieu instead. I find time with family sadly restricted with the work schedule. Support with colleagues almost non-existence, as everyone would be busy clocking enough calls to hit productivity targets.

Pros

Remote work, no need to travel to office

Cons

Irregular hours, can be quite lonely after extended time

I really used to love my job.

A great deal of micromanaging, as well as the never ending pressure to reach unattainable metrics. When I first starting working for Apple, it was my dream job. Sadly, things have changed. It seems that every week, there’s a new rule of some kind - but the “newer” rules don’t cancel out the older ones. The newer rules almost always conflict with the older rules and you have to follow both (if that makes any sense). Vendor sites are allowed to dump their work off on other groups, and nothing is EVER done about it. Only certain groups within Apple are held to the standard of “keeping the customer’s experience in mind” - so your entire shift is basically spent cleaning up everyone else’s mistakes/being yelled at and cussed (by customers) for mistakes you didn’t make. Mistakes that can be easily avoided if the same standards were applied equally across the board. If you struggle with anxiety or PTSD, this job isn’t for you.

Pros

Salary is good, as are the employee perks and discounts

Cons

Certain groups are allowed to dump their work on others, with no recourse.

Good place to work. Worked from home so can't say much about the offices, but the management was very supportive. The perks were good as well. They would send out gift packages during the busy times.

Job summary

Great training and most important great culture. Only issues were the live call training. Some trainers during the live call training did not really help but stifle you a bit. Resources were available but these people were also really busy taking calls. Shifts were sometimes very late. Work/life balance was not really achieved doing this kind of work. The good things were you always learn resolving new issues phonek iPad or Mac. The majority of people were nice. The rude customers were mainly those in a hurry or impatient ones.

Pros

Okay pay

Cons

Shift work

It was Ok

The company is okay. It had good benefits. I liked working at home and talking with people. Paid very well. Decent job overall.

AT Home Advisor

I loved the job but missed the one on one connection with people. I learned many things about Mac, iTunes, and all facets of IOS, the mobile side of Apple. The hardest part of the job was telling someone all their data was deleted (contacts) because it was never backed up to anything or The Cloud.

Pros

Pay, location

Cons

Advancement, managerial staff

Great Employer

I hold Apple to the highest respect. The work culture is fantastic. Compensation is next to none, and the benefits are highly regarded. The only issue I have with Apple is the inability to choose a schedule that supports a healthy outside of work life. Employees must bid on schedules, which are split into three large groups. Metrics do play a huge role in getting the schedule you want, but if you are not in the first group to bid on schedules, it does not matter how good of an employee you are, just how lucky you are. Because of this, working one weekend day and shifts that allow you to never see people are a possibility. With a work at home position, I do not suggest this job for people that need human interaction. A typical day as an At-Home-Advisor would include taking inbound calls for technical support, attending team meetings and coaching with management, and supporting other advisors via chat and email. The most enjoyable part of the job are the other employees. Apple truly hires great individuals.

Pros

great compensation, competitive benefits

Cons

Working one weekend day, working late shifts, working from home and never seeing people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apple. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Apple with