Applied Materials

Applied Materials Employee Reviews

Good enviroment

Would love to work there back if i get a chances. I gain alot of new things and its a fun place to work to gain experience . If can i want to work there again

productive and fun place.

this is a place for people who want a relaxed time with no stress. The job is very simple to do . Everyone can do this. This is so simple with no stress at all.

Efficient workplace to work

Typical day at work is doing the usual stuffs setting up Semiconductor system and test/ troubleshoot.Learn about semiconductor system and how it works and troubleshooting on issues which will arise.Management wise are ok normal.people at there are friendly and will help you if needed. Pros plenty of Overtime when buisness are good Cons No Overtime when buisness are bad

Efficient workplace to work

Pros

plenty of Overtime when buisness are good

Cons

No Overtime when buisness are bad

Bad management

Very bad management of projects and manpower. Demanding of work output, even beyond working hours. Once a month, an entire week the company is shutdown and workers do not get paid for that week and their leaves are taken away.

Pros

Good workers and knowledge.

Cons

Bad management.

Productive and fun work place

Nice place to work in a clean manufacturing environment. Would be a good start off place for fresh graduate, with good exposure to the whole supplychin of operation from raw material to finish goods

Great work place and opportunities for innovation

Amazing team to work with and great working environment. Supportive management, who encourage team to innovate and participate in continuous improvement projects.

Pros

Muti racial, multi cultural working environment. Connected management team.

Cons

Not the right place to start as TEMP staff, as business volatility will impact career continuation.

A place to be relaxed

Need to learn thing on your own, must be really proactive & thick skin. Help is limited as most colleagues are selfish, all for themselves. But environment is good & cozy.

Pros

Flexi

Cons

Long Hours

Pro Healthy lifestyle environment

Company with strong growth potential. Encourage work live balance and equal opportunity for employees. Promote learning and career development opportunities.

Pros

Gym available

Cons

Nil

working culture

although it is MNC company, but it is quite localized especially in managing style. it is a good company if you don't mind a bit political enviroment

Productive and good workplace

Productive and good workplace,one of the pioneer Semiconductor tool manufacturer in the world. one of the fortune 100 companies to work, Branches allover the world.

Good employee relationship

Good teamwork and employee relationship. Strong local team and positive can-do attitude, Strong in leading edge Semiconductor Technology and new product development.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Nil

Good environment but poor work advancement

Doing technical assembly on sub component Working with a team of technician to do on machine Management and culture in company is fine and decent Through this job , I've learn more about technical drawing and following the guide to assemble the part together . Working in a team make the environment fun and enjoyable

Pros

OT available

Cons

no work advancement

Rewarding

Providing good opportunity to learn, growth, being diverse working environment and reasonable job work/life balance, it is rewarding to work in Applied Materials.

A good company to have experience and gain technical knowledge

My work focuses in Final Test, Our day starts in reading emails and a meeting for our daily assignments. It is then followed by housekeeping of your area before you start to touch your assigned system or equipment. The job is very challenging since you will encounter different types of problem and from this you will develop your analysis and problem solving approach as well as your troubleshooting skills. The hardest part of the job is when you need to ship the system in a very short time of our test process and there are still a lot of issues that are arising. You will need to extend hours or sometimes you need to report to work as early as 4 am. I enjoy a lot when me and my Filipino colleagues gather together during our break time or lunch time, We have fun sharing our jokes and sometimes going out for a drink.

Engineering Design

Learn Machine design drawings.  Perform drawing change as per change order process.  Preparation of Mechanical & Electrical Room Equipment Layouts.  Preparation of Bill of Materials for assigned projects.  Preparation of As-Built Drawings.  Preparation of Proposal & preliminary estimation.  Closely coordinated with the Designer Engineer for smooth and successful execution of works

Work / Life Balance, Great working environment

Great working environment which is 5-storey tall, and added leisure facilities for the the employees.

Challenging and exciting days at work.

I had a challenging job as I was involved in documentation of new and existing process, quality of the products and continuous improvement.I learned a lot of things attending trainings and individual development which the management support.I was with the co-workers that are engaged to the department success with teamwork and sharing were always displayed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Applied Materials. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Applied Materials Reviews by Location