Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd

Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd Employee Reviews

Singapore3 reviews
I worked as a Sales & Marketing Executive in Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd for 3 months.

I. A typical day at work

Researching various companies that would be potential advertisers for Asian Geographic Magazines and try to get in touch with the marketing managers by cold-calling or sending out emails. Also, it would be good to keep a close eye on the newsstand deadlines for each publication under Asian Geographic in order to meet sales targets.

II. Management

The management was disorganized. They did not have a proper system to keep track of the status of potential advertisers. Hence, future employees did not get access to the contacts of potential advertisers and could not do a proper follow up. This affected the sales of Asian Geographic Magazines immensely. Also, the management expects all employees to work long hours (For example: Stay back for atleast 1 - 2 hours after work)

III. Co-workers

Majority of the employees at Asian Geographic Magazines were friendly and sociable. However, there were a few that were inexperienced and the lack of manpower in Asian Geographic Magazines proved to be a problem as hardly anyone were available to guide them (For example: The sales team had only 2 people. Being a fresh graduate, I had to be guided through the process most of the time. Since the other employee had to do the bulk of the work for the sales team, he hardly had time to guide me and that left me helpless and clueless)

IV. The hardest part of the job

It was picking up the sales process by myself. While it is true that most jobs require majority of their employees
 - more...
Pros
Sociable & Friendly colleagues
Cons
Long hours, Lack of manpower, Poor management
Sales staff wants to act like the boss, Boss believes in quantity over quality. Everyone else is ok expect sales department. Constantly at war with each other and lots of pin pointing towards other department
A lively and conducive environment. It felt like home, and everyone is as close as family. The company enjoys celebrating different occasions and I am immensely grateful for their guidance and care.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7