Awfully Chocolate

Awfully Chocolate Employee Reviews

Competitive yet Fun

The workplace is good and meeting new people. It is a fast-paced environment there are takeaway stores and also cafes. I learned that for this it is based on teamwork and knowing what are your different responsibilities.

Pros

Free food, Staff Discounts

Cons

Long Hours, Shifting Location & Short-Handed

Great people to be around, but management of staff hours and location appointments can be handled much more efficiently and respectfully

Everyone there is extremely friendly. That’s probably the only reason I stayed for so long. However, job security is important to me and I do not agree with the way awfully chocolate manages their employees. The biggest issue is last-minute changing of locations and dates without asking beforehand. They say it’s important to be flexible but this seems too irresponsible.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Management can be improved

Iam very happy

Im very happy to working awfully chocolate the chef and management staff are very supportive and the kitchen is clean and highgine ..I think it's my luck for my OJT here ...

fun and enjoyable...making friends with customer

good staff and management....good place to work.... with great environment...with good experience and knowledge of retailing...baking or even designing .....

Pros

well taken care

Cons

Very stressful and too much work for a part timer

No defined roles between supervisor and part-timer sometimes. Part timers tend to overwork as they are mostly working without a supervisor. Hourly rate is not enough compared to the workload and labor the job demands. Rarely have lunch breaks as there is a lack of good management and employee welfare.

Pros

Near home and very flexible working shifts

Cons

Must work 82 hours a month any lesser would result in lesser hourly rate (6/hr)

It is a high stressful work environment

The management is not very good and last minute on a few things.They expect you to work 12 hour shifts with only 30 mins break. There were no benefits that we were made aware of.

Good experience

Overall the work experience is rather enjoyable, at times the jobs can be extremely demanding but it allows you to come up with problem-solving techniques on the go. The hardest part of the job would be the intense working hours, especially if you opt for full shifts and the lack of manpower can be pressuring as most of the times you would be required to work on your own. However, it is a good opportunity for you to be independent. This job requires you to be vocal and a go-getter, you would need to take the initiative to talk to customers and not wait for them to talk to you. So they would prefer extrovert individuals with good communication skills.

Valuable learning experience

Very fast-paced environment. Learn to rely closely on teammates and the importance of accountability. Broke me out of my shell and made me a better communicator.

Workplace

The typical day at work is all depending on who you are working with. I learned that, even in the fnb industry, some management will not care about your mental well-being even after you showed up for work.

Pros

Discounts.

Cons

Long hours.

Minimal benefits, no health insurance for some employees

enjoyable part of the job is free food (sometimes we got to try the cakes and dessert items) minimal benefits very difficult to apply for annual leave as they have the rule that no two people in the same team can take the same dates even if their roles are different

Pros

great coworkers in the office except for the finance and hr manager

Cons

Saturday work, difficulty in applying for leaves, no OT pay, no health coverage for foreigners/biased coverage

High Standards

- Company provides high quality service and products. - Always puts customers first making sure they received the service they deserved. - To always be engaging with customer, engage conversations, making customers feel comfortable. - Be passionate and proud of the brand and products. - High professionalism.

Fulfilling job

Had so much learnings gained and experienced that enhanced my skills and knowledge. Fun and enjoyable shifts. Open to all who are willing to learn. Great bosses.

Pros

Allowance for meals.

Productive and Fun workplace

A typical day at work would be arriving the store at 9am. I would then start keeping the cake stock ins while preparing the desserts that are to be displayed. Then i would open the cash register and make sure the opening balance tallies. I have definitely learned to be quick thinking on my feet if a problem ever arises. Ive learned to multi-task and be neat since I worked in an F&B industry. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely serving customers and seeing them leave the store happy and satisfied.

Pros

Able to try out their products

Fun work place

-a relaxed work environment -Cooking up tasty, nutritious and well balanced meals for customers -Encouraging junior staff in their training and development -Ensuring compliance with all record keeping, food safety and risk management requirements -In charge of stock control and rotation to ensure the kitchen and larder are always well stocked -Quickly learned any new recipes and food preparation techniques

Toxic management, do not recommend unless you wanna be slavedriven

Management bullies the retail staff, thinking that we are all dispensable people and berate us for the smallest of things. Unhealthy culture, girls can be overly gossipy and spread rumours about each other. Word of advice - Start treating the staff better and perhaps that will also help to increase your sales.

Pros

made great friends there

Cons

management

Fun workplace with high commitments

The company has great Morales and a unique technique to attaining loyal customers. They teach recruits very well on every single detail of working in Awfully Chocolate which shows how much they trust their staff. However, too much work is loaded on newly recruited staff as of what I observe.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Heavy workload

Bad Mnagement

- The team is more bias towards front line. - As a back end staff, you have the feeling that the company treat you as a burden rather than an asset to the company. - Always required to perform duty out of your role/positions (i.e account executive required to go out be logistic or retail assistant)

Good working experience

My current company is one of the SME companies in Singapore that keep growing and I am very proud to be part of it. For the my almost 6 yrs working experience with them, I gained a lot of learnings not only in my accounting field but also beyond, that contribute to my work ethics maturity and skilful knowledge. But the company is much more focus in establishing businesses and quite lesser attention in enhancement of productivity, which is the reason of doing things manually for the back end support.

Pros

lot of learnings

Cons

Fast pace, surrounded with young employees, fun work place

At awfully chocolate i see day to day operatios.We have a daily target that we need to meet. We also have an item of the day that we need to cross sell and upsell and as a retail manager I make sure that my staff are briefed with the products, promos and company rules. I conduct retail training to make sure the quality of service that my staff are giving to our customers and regulars. I learned a lot of hands on skill in pastry thru AC on how to pipe and decorate a cake and make some pastry products as well. Most of my colleagues in this company are young ones thats why I as their manager has to blend in order for us to work as a team. It is also enjoyable to work with them because I feel less stress and they balance the kind of work load in the company. The hardest part of the job I could say is to stay far from my son , awfully chocolate is singapore based and I have to sacrifice my longingness to my loved ones to support their needs. On the other note the part that I enjoyed the most is that I get to travel for free. The company give us annual trips and we get to explore different culture and places. And mostly we get to eat chocolate everyday.

Pros

Staff discounts, taxi allowance, company phone and laptop

Cons

Long hours, overseas

easy to adapt to job

i had fun working there because i was placed in an outlet where i was allowed to take my time to understand and learn whatever i needed to and whatever was required for my job.

Pros

Not much crowd

Cons

Pay drops to 5 an hr if minimum hrs per month not hit

Simple and fun job

The best part of the job is working with my colleagues like we are one happy family. We take care of each other and always do the right thing.

Pros

Transport allowances

Cons

Long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Awfully Chocolate. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Awfully Chocolate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?