Awfully Chocolate

Awfully Chocolate Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate5 reviews
Singapore5 reviews
The workplace is good and meeting new people. It is a fast-paced environment there are takeaway stores and also cafes. I learned that for this it is based on teamwork and knowing what are your different responsibilities.
Pros
Free food, Staff Discounts
Cons
Long Hours, Shifting Location & Short-Handed
Overall the work experience is rather enjoyable, at times the jobs can be extremely demanding but it allows you to come up with problem-solving techniques on the go.

The hardest part of the job would be the intense working hours, especially if you opt for full shifts and the lack of manpower can be pressuring as most of the times you would be required to work on your own. However, it is a good opportunity for you to be independent.

This job requires you to be vocal and a go-getter, you would need to take the initiative to talk to customers and not wait for them to talk to you. So they would prefer extrovert individuals with good communication skills.
Very fast-paced environment. Learn to rely closely on teammates and the importance of accountability. Broke me out of my shell and made me a better communicator.
The typical day at work is all depending on who you are working with. I learned that, even in the fnb industry, some management will not care about your mental well-being even after you showed up for work.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Long hours.
Management bullies the retail staff, thinking that we are all dispensable people and berate us for the smallest of things. Unhealthy culture, girls can be overly gossipy and spread rumours about each other. Word of advice - Start treating the staff better and perhaps that will also help to increase your sales.
Pros
made great friends there
Cons
management