Awfully Chocolate
View all Awfully Chocolate reviews

Awfully Chocolate

Awfully Chocolate Employee Review

Mixed feelings

Workload is too high for a new comer. New staff are expected to undergo training at the Great World City Cafe where it can get really busy. Even though they’ll be scheduled with senior staff, we are too busy to be able to teach them. For example a senior staff will be expected to train 3 other new staff while handling their own things. Staff are unfairly treated and expected to do things even when they’re hands are full. Managers are all talk and no action. Pay is too low for the workload we have to do. Sometimes staff are expected to work within hours notice and change locations unexpectedly.On the other hand, everyone is really nice and welcoming. The only reason I stayed so long was because of the people. Everyone looks out for one another so it makes for a very enjoyable shift. If the company could improve on it’s management, it could reach greater heights.

Same role

bad experience bad management

just dont work part time here. not the best experience and alot of things to do. u can work with people around ur age (for students) so thats nice i guess. other than that, boooo
Same roleSame location

Great people to be around, but management of staff hours and location appointments can be handled much more efficiently and respectfully

Everyone there is extremely friendly. That’s probably the only reason I stayed for so long. However, job security is important to me and I do not agree with the way awfully chocolate manages their employees. The biggest issue is last-minute changing of locations and dates without asking beforehand. They say it’s important to be flexible but this seems too irresponsible.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Management can be improved
Same role

Competitive yet Fun

The workplace is good and meeting new people. It is a fast-paced environment there are takeaway stores and also cafes. I learned that for this it is based on teamwork and knowing what are your different responsibilities.

Pros

Free food, Staff Discounts

Cons

Long Hours, Shifting Location & Short-Handed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Awfully Chocolate. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Awfully Chocolate with