AWWA Ltd

AWWA Ltd Employee Reviews

I started as assistant teacher with Diploma to gain experienced Was promoted to Teacher after 1year of service and senior teacher after 3yrs. Career prospects and staff welfare are well taken care off. I enjoyed my 11yrs working there
I was an ex eipic teacher at awwa.I put in so much effort and care for the children and worked my best with the team.Despite all these efforts,I was criticized and not recognized.It especially hurts when you know you have put in tremendous hardwork but there are no praises.
Pros
Flexi working hours and school holidays
Cons
Challenging and unrealistic supervisors and colleagues
I have learned a lot from the institute and still learning specially about the occupational therapy management for children.We are like family here.I will really miss a lot the place when I be away from here.This institute helps me to explore with new ideas and strategy which really help me for my career.
Pros
Team Bonding
Cons
Starting time
Many annual leaves and benefits for staff. Good working environment and colleagues. AWS with variable bonus and reasonable increment. Work life balances
Pros
Many AL
Cons
Salary
Supportive working environment and flexible. I did a lot of multi tasking job but it is good for a stepping stones. A lot of things to learn and hands on. I would recommend fresh graduates and matured workers to be part of this organization.
Pros
Supportive and welcoming working environment
Cons
Depends on the management values and work culture
Excellent workplace wherin I learnt to work with physically challenged children to enable them to be independent in their activities of daily living as well as in community.
Pros
Excellent management and colleagues
Cons
Nil
Setting programmes for student with severe/multiple disabities includes: Showering, feeding, toileting, housekeeping, horticulture, housecraft, art and craft, pet therapy. Learned how to assess student's behavior with use of Behavioral chart and liaise closely with psychologist. Work closely with Centre supervisor to plan 3-6 months goals for students under my care. Meet challenges like student who are unable to complete task or show behavioral issues but we learned to deal with them and overcome it. I enjoyed every part of my job. It gives me a sense of satisfaction when I empower my students by teaching them how to be independent.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
challenging
I joined AWWA as a teacher assistant in 2005 and gradually progressed to become a teacher . Our job involves lot of team effort and we had to discuss about strategies to overcome certain challenges. We had a great team . The paperwork was a bit difficult for me though. But at the end of the day when you see a child learn a skill like walk, say a word, or hold a spoon all difficulty in doing paperwork is forgotten and look forward to another day.