AWWA Ltd

AWWA Ltd Employee Reviews

Singapore11 reviews

Awesome colleagues & plenty of good work to be done, delusional management is the only setback

Best part of the job, you can learn from your colleagues & you will grow to love the work you do with the students, never a dull day.Worst part of the job, a management that cannot support the teaching staffs & 'white-washing' incompetent leaders that will only continue to be the reason for good capable people leaving the school, affecting the students unfortunately.

Pros

Good colleagues that are helpful & dependable, that makes the daily journey at AWWA truly full of camaraderie.

Cons

Lack of mentoring, lack of efficient deployment adds on to the intensity & difficulties faced, lack of sincere staff engagement by management

Great place to have in your resume

If you are new/ freah grad, this is a great place to start. Staff are friendly and the learning curve isn't steep. However, soon you will realize that you aren't creating a big impact (unless you are in AWWA school, maybe). Management is confused, since the company expanded from 100 to 600 staff in like 5 years. There isn't a clear direction.AWWA receives funding from different government bodies (MOE, MSF, NCSS) they have many different objective to meet. Running in circles. So join the company, learn what you can and leave once you smell the bs.

Productive workplace

This includes with the working environment and the people around you are friendly as such, they communicate with one another in a situation or matter occurred.

Pros

The benefits are good

Cons

Working longer hours

Colleagues are understanding.

I started as assistant teacher with Diploma to gain experienced Was promoted to Teacher after 1year of service and senior teacher after 3yrs. Career prospects and staff welfare are well taken care off. I enjoyed my 11yrs working there

Biased and not genuine

I was an ex eipic teacher at awwa.I put in so much effort and care for the children and worked my best with the team.Despite all these efforts,I was criticized and not recognized.It especially hurts when you know you have put in tremendous hardwork but there are no praises.

Pros

Flexi working hours and school holidays

Cons

Challenging and unrealistic supervisors and colleagues

Its a wonderful place to explore career

I have learned a lot from the institute and still learning specially about the occupational therapy management for children.We are like family here.I will really miss a lot the place when I be away from here.This institute helps me to explore with new ideas and strategy which really help me for my career.

Pros

Team Bonding

Cons

Starting time

Staff Benefits

Many annual leaves and benefits for staff. Good working environment and colleagues. AWS with variable bonus and reasonable increment. Work life balances

Pros

Many AL

Cons

Salary

Work Life Balance

Supportive working environment and flexible. I did a lot of multi tasking job but it is good for a stepping stones. A lot of things to learn and hands on. I would recommend fresh graduates and matured workers to be part of this organization.

Pros

Supportive and welcoming working environment

Cons

Depends on the management values and work culture

Productive and satisffying workplace

Excellent workplace wherin I learnt to work with physically challenged children to enable them to be independent in their activities of daily living as well as in community.

Pros

Excellent management and colleagues

Cons

Nil

Passion working with children

Setting programmes for student with severe/multiple disabities includes: Showering, feeding, toileting, housekeeping, horticulture, housecraft, art and craft, pet therapy. Learned how to assess student's behavior with use of Behavioral chart and liaise closely with psychologist. Work closely with Centre supervisor to plan 3-6 months goals for students under my care. Meet challenges like student who are unable to complete task or show behavioral issues but we learned to deal with them and overcome it. I enjoyed every part of my job. It gives me a sense of satisfaction when I empower my students by teaching them how to be independent.

Pros

Short hours

Cons

challenging

Meaningful and friendly environment

I joined AWWA as a teacher assistant in 2005 and gradually progressed to become a teacher . Our job involves lot of team effort and we had to discuss about strategies to overcome certain challenges. We had a great team . The paperwork was a bit difficult for me though. But at the end of the day when you see a child learn a skill like walk, say a word, or hold a spoon all difficulty in doing paperwork is forgotten and look forward to another day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AWWA Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• AWWA Ltd