Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews

Showing all 30,605 reviews

Good working environment

Did enjoy working even with the difference in time zones. Had opportunities to interact with people of different cultures and status. Able to use my computer skills as well as communication skills.

Pros

Fair wages

Cons

Different time zone

Benefits are fantastic, the stress is overwhelming..

I used to love my job, now I feel like nothing more than a number. We are understaffed and because of this it is impossible to reach our goals and service our customers properly.

Benefits

Cons

Constantly changing guidelines and metrics.

Good culture

My time at Bank of America has come to be one of my better if not best corporate experiences in my career. I never experienced any unprofessional behavior, overlooked staff or employees. Issues were handled through proper HR protocols. Pay and benefits were good. Not much more you can ask for at a job.

Pros

Pay and set up for success.

Cons

Being laid off

Okay place to work at depending on management

The only reason why I loved working there, was because of the staff that was surrounded by me. If it were not for them, I don’t know how I’d be able to get through it.

Call center review

It’s honestly a really well paid job, great benefits as well.My issue was that they wanted you to take 5min or less with the clients. So you would have to take the call, and give them information on how to resolve the issue themselves. The customers hated that because they had waited so long for the call to be answered just so they get redirected to their mobile app.I would always take my time truly helping the clients and I would constantly get training to improve, meaning rush the clients off the call.

Great benefits

The company has a great benefit package, managers are nice, work load is manageable, mainly outbound calls performed to customers, trying was long but detailed

Pros

Vacation time

Cons

Advancement

Fair and effective

I worked as a contractor before. The ability to take part in programs and education were rather limited to just permanent employees. The only negative was the use of favoritism.

Pros

Opportunity to learn

Cons

Rather clickish

This place was all about sales and not helping

I was a young inexperienced employee but because I could sell the largest amount credit cards I was granted a promotion. But soon after you discover that your not helping a community and you’re goal is only to jam loans and accounts to them.

Pros

Some people were ok

Cons

Management is scared and unhelpful

This company wrote the "How To" manual on diversity and inclusion!!!

One of the best companies that I ever worked for. I met my future wife working here! Overtime hours are always available and you can schedule your own hours within a broad range.

Pros

Great work out facilities

Cons

Slow elevators

Great opportunity to learn about the banking industry

Rigid polices and severe micromanagement, very stressful trying to meet company goals. Mandatory reading of a script that you cannot deviate from is stressful and phone calls are closely monitored. Also, every minute of time is closely monitored.

Pros

Banking services

Cons

Poor corporate policies and procedures

Jobs at Bank of America

See more jobs

It was ok just not for me.

Worked in the branch as a teller and then in the call center. As a teller you are pushed to meet unrealistic sales goals and in the call center you are pushes to meet survey goals. The surveys are hard to meet because you must keep your call time low while still helping the customers with various issues.

Pros

Free food, nice environment, training

Cons

Sales goals, working on Sundays

Teamwork

I don’t want to go in critically but the management is decent some days some days not so decent. My teammates were very cool and felt like an extension of family.

micro management to the fullest degree

the benefits are great if you can put up with lousy management and being micro managed to death. Un realistic goals and new flavor of the month worthless gadget they want you to push like life plan to name a great example. management is horrendous and clueless. they would rather have behaviors rather than production and suck up kiss butt employees. Employees are also encouraged to rat each other out. pathetic use of time being asked to sit and cold call 20-25 people per day and pester them to come to bank while they tout being able to bank from home and use app and not come in to bank.

benefits

Cons

everything else

Productive and a fun place to work with excellent training

I am happy to be part of BOFA family.Very great company to work with an excellent benefits for employees.Management very professional and understand their employees on all levels.Will highly recommend Bank Of America to anyone looking for a great place to work at.

A great company to work for!

I feel very happy to be a part of Bank of America it is a great company to work for and very people oriented. Management takes good care of associates and clients equally. Great benefits and career growth for those willing to learn and adapt to quick changes.

You are not allow PTO and they do not pay for approved disability.

You are forced to work every holiday in my department. You are not allow personal time off and they do not pay disability claims on approved medical leave.

Sales, sales, sales.

A banker is just a credit card salesman. Other than that, they talk about how great the work culture is, but the management is constantly breathing down your neck about sales. When you hit your enormous quotas, the bonus' are a joke.

Pros

normal hours

Cons

have to work saturdays every now and then.

Average

It all depends on the location and manager you get. It’s a great place to work for if you have the right leadership and location. Sales disguised as helping a customer.

There are amenities that make it nice, but pretty stressful job. Management doesn't value you.

Nice private rooms where you can go lay down if you are sick or need a rest for a headache. They do have lots of little extras to try to make it a nice place to work....like a coffee tea area with snacks, private phone areas for us to use, a nice cafeteria....but food is too expensive and not enough time to walk over, order, eat and get back. Oh and fantastic pay rate!! Great benefits. Very fast paced work. Not much help after training and I still felt lost.

Pros

Nice work areas, good food, fun games.

Cons

Breaks, lunch, too short. Management not there for you. Not enough training.

Good benefits, poor management.

Benefits are good but other than that management is not great, a lot of preference and unprofessionalism. They make it difficult for you to move up, don’t care about your life outside of work. They make it hard with your schedule and will make excuses to not work with you. BofA sucks.

Pros

Benefits.

Cons

Everything else

Great people, horrible corporation

The money is good, but you soon realize it’s not worth it when everyone you started with quit and you’re left to do the work of 5 people. You will work over 40 hours which is great in some areas but obviously takes away from your much needed down time from a job like this. It will give you a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day, because you know you’ve done everything yourself, but it wears you down quicker then quicksand. My branch manager was amazing, but above him/her, they don’t care and it’s hard to get anywhere with people who don’t value you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

10.4K