Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Bank Clerk

Fast Paced specially Friday, Saturday & end of the month. My manger & his Assistant had experience & always there to help. Friendly co workers like family & support each other. Need know how to multitask.
Pros
Good benefits & pay
Cons
Refferals
They forced tellers to sell and open accounts and when they didn’t they got written up. Training at the time was horrible and the manager made you feel less of a person not to mention they would allow customers to speak to employees in a rude manner I for one had to deal with people ignorance. I didn’t feel safe nor wanted there. So when I was fired unfairly I was happy about it. Sad but so true.
Loved working here as a teller. I had a great team and we got along extremely well. I have no complaints about this specific branch. Would recommend it.
Management cares more about the number of sales. Micro managing is intense on a daily basis. Pay is low but expectations are high. No Christmas Party provided by the company
Pros
Cons
Micro managing, sell sell and sell
I loved been part of the Team unfortunately, great pay and benefits! Very professional and friendly environment! Unfortunately I had to relocate! I will highly recommend as an employer
This isn't unique to BOA. Many big banks over promise to customers but keep a tight leash on what employees are capable of when helping customers. For example, when a customer has an overdraft fee, the computer decides whether or not to refund that person's fee. It will always automatically refund a wealthy person's fees because banks want to keep their business. When a working class or poor person needs a fee waived so they can eat a meal that day or get $5 in gas to make it home, the computer won't allow you to help them and you need a manager override. After being with the bank for a year, manager overrides were taken away. So when the customer is upset, there is little you can do to help them, and this leaves them frustrated. If they are called by the 3rd party survey company; they will be asked to rate their service received at the branch, and rate the employee who helped them. You will get negative scores due to this which will affect raises, promotions, and even job security. Some people give bad scores simply because they don't like the big banks, and there is nothing you can do about it.
Had a personal bad experience with a not so nice manager but it may have been different if located somewhere else. No room for advancement at the time working there
Stressfull with high volume of customers made it hard to balance at the end of the day. Pressure is great if you are able to handle the large customer volume this is great
I love coming to work being on computer, taking calls about our customers concern with account information. Also some days wherw good, but overall i loved my job. It was a temp to perm job
I really enjoyed working for Bank of America. I was only there part time and not for a long period of time, but I looked forward to work daily........
Bank of America at the time was a great job. Hours were perfect and allowed time for my growing family. Nights and weekends off except for a few hours on some Saturdays. Training is good and managers were good
It is a good place to learn skills and cash handling. Helping customers and getting transactions handled in a timely manner is a plus. The customers make it rewarding.
Bank of America helped me to become a more confident and capable employee. They allowed me the opportunity to grow and develop my skills and to reach my career goals.
I highly recommend working for Bank of America only if they agree to train their managers on how to treat their employees better and provide an atmosphere that workers can preform better with out any harassment
Pros
Bank of Anerica is a reputable company
I worked for this company for about 5-6 and I would have to say that this company went from caring for their customers and their needs to sending them away to do it over the phone or online. The work ethic of the particular branch I worked for was outrageous. There was not really room for advancement and with the introduction of new technology within the branch I felt as though the jobs were becoming less secure.
Great place to work at Bank of America in Ashburn, we learned a lot and continued to strive for customer excellence. I would definitely go back if the opportunity presented itself.
Lots of activity and a great place to work. A lot of room for advancement. Competitive salary and benefits. A healthy environment to work and lots of friendly people.
It was a very fast paced job and required a lot of skill to multi-task everything required out of the job. The staffing was always an issue as we were typically understaffed.
This is a great place to work. There are times where you have no customer and than all of a sudden all of them come at the same time - usually on Fridays to cash checks. My team was amazing. That was the fun part. The hardest part is up-selling where you have meet quota since mostly you see same customers over and over.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Up selling
Bank of America asks for its tellers to upset products and services to customers that either almost never qualify and/or which are not appealing for customers.
Good pay, Good people, even had opportunities to promote as soon as I was hired, there was a position opening up shortly in management. Would absolutely recommend. Hours of operation are perfect for family culture.