Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Bank Clerk

Fast Paced specially Friday, Saturday & end of the month. My manger & his Assistant had experience & always there to help. Friendly co workers like family & support each other. Need know how to multitask.
Pros
Good benefits & pay
Cons
Refferals
the hardest part of the job was balancing my schoolwork and work. it was difficult to find an adequate schedule that would provide proper time needed for school. I chose to leave to give my entire focus towards my education.
A typical day at the bank is making deposits, withdrawals, and cashing checks for the customers. I learned to monitor and change the security systems.
As a teller good training, good management and good coaching. Positive work environment, fun, and challenging. Need to pay more and promote good people to new positions. More raises
This was a very stressful job for me. I was constantly asked to up sell products while trying to accurately balance a cash drawer. It came easy to some people but I struggled a lot. I did not enjoy how pushy they wanted me to be. I hated asking every single customer if they wanted to open a new account or sign up for a new card. From what I observed, people with outgoing personalities did great. Introverts like me struggled. My advise, do not become a teller at BOA if you're the honest and quiet type.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits
Cons
sales driven, money hungry organization
Some days were laid back, other days were productive and busy. The workplace culture was fun. Working at BofA isn't for everyone. You must be able to cross-sell product to customers. You have to be patient and deal with upset customers.
i enjoyed being a teller for bank of america. it was a great environment where i learned to work quickly and efficiently. i learned how to sell products while looking for my customers need through simple conversation. Management was great there employee reviews were definitely helpful and made it easier to become better employees.
Pros
benefits were great.
I loved working here due to the manager and the amazing staff. I learned alot from this place which helped in becoming professional with work environment and diversity.
I enjoyed my co workers and the benefits. My managers were willing to add assistants when aviable I enjoyed my customers, and getting to know new ones..The hardest part of my job was the scare of the thought of being robbed, we were trained how to deal with this,but still overwhelming.
Pros
consistent hour, clean environment, and enjoyed my customers.
Cons
risk
Bank of America is a good organization to work for. There is definitely a work/life balance. It also offers great benefits. The only downside is meeting their sale goals.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of America?
This was a great place to work, knowing I was able to help someone was a plus in itself. So many times people from all different walks of life would enter the bank with an attitude for whatever reason but to see a smile as they left was pure pleasure. The staff was great!
Pros
location, the staff, meeting new people
Cons
the hours
Loved working with people. I have learned a lot about people and how money works in our everyday lives. I have learned how to manage money to help it grow individually and professionally.
Poor management and no hours. I would not recommend Bank of America for someone looking to start a career in banking. The management team is poor and the pay is low.
it was a good job, fun job and very fast paced. The management was a bit harsh and strict but it is understanding being in the area it was they had to stay on top of all.
Bank of America is a fast paced company and you have to pay attention to detail. Hours are great except for Saturday morning. I recommend this job to all.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Fast paced
Assisted customers with banking needs. ATM custodian (assist w/atm reports and loading money). Promoted the bank to potential customers. Suggested appropriate bank products
love to help customers and their needs dealing with money is not a problem especially Friday and Saturday's are busy and time goes very quickly with customers
Cons
A typical day was busy day. I learned to be patient and how to work with money. Management were good and organized. It was a very professional area to work. The hardest part is when you realize you are in danger. The fun part was, dealing with different kinds of people.
Work is sometimes fast-paced or can be very slow. Must know how to multi-task and handle all the job has to offer. What I have learned working there is that there are a lot of services that can be done online on your own time. There are a lot of things that are ATM's can do to make banking easier for the customers.
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
n/a
Although I enjoyed the co workers my manager was very strict and un forgiving Whenever I entered the office, my first impression was contact my co workers but stay away from my branch manager.
They do not even give you a proper restroom break, the manager was unfair, I would not recomend tihia place for working, who is able to live in miami, with just a part time.