Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Bank Clerk

Fast Paced specially Friday, Saturday & end of the month. My manger & his Assistant had experience & always there to help. Friendly co workers like family & support each other. Need know how to multitask.
Pros
Good benefits & pay
Cons
Refferals
Working with Bank of America is really the best achivement in my career. They give me a chance to expand my knowledge.They trained be for a week. I like that they have a pay off days and sick leave.
if youre into customer service and talking and smiling all day this is the job for you very routine very challenging dealing with people and their money. Customer service per usual they will train
Enjoyed my job and the people that I worked with . Management rewarded their employees on a regular bases. Flexible working condition Treated employees fairly.....
Pros
Great co-workers Management shown appreication for their emploees.
Good hours and pay. Adequate training. Plenty of locations so there is always room to transfer. Plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company
Bank America was the best job I work for I really enjoy working for this company the pay was great the people co-workers are amazing and manager also I would let all my family and friends.
Enjoyed interacting with people since I was use to interacting with children when I was driving a school bus. Everyone got along and helped each other.
Working for the bank is good, but it is slowly becoming obsolete. Job security isn't the best because they are slowly phasing out financial centers. But, pay and benefits were great.
Pros
benefits pay
Cons
market managers
Working here was very stressful at times because you had to finish all your tasks on time. At the same time if you got organized, then you could finish quicklier and start other task if you wanted to.
My manager was great as well as the team . It was to big guys above us that were not great . So many responsibilities while being short staffed. Was overwhelming because of so many customer complaints about not being effeicitent due to shortage of staff .
Pros
9-5, benefits
Cons
You’re just a number to the company
I left because of the pay rate. It was very low and I was looking for something more. An average day there you just cash peoples checks, ask if they would like to open a checking/savings or credit card account. You handle a large amount of money so you have to be very careful when counting. At the end of the night you count your drawer to make sure you are at 0. If you are over/under $20, you first have to figure out why and go through all of your deposits and cashed checks and if you still can't find it, you go on a warning (if I can remember) but second time you get written up for sure. My coworkers were awesome, however, clientele were a bit up tight. And it was the kind of environment that the "customer is always right" even if they were wrong. Great benefits, for both full and part time. With time you can get a career advancement from within the company. At the location I worked at they were understaffed so there would be long lines in the bank. Fridays are the longest and most needed day of the week since everyone is there to cash their checks, etc. And Saturdays since people who couldn't make it Friday, make it in on Saturday.
Pros
benefits, friendly environment
Cons
salary too small, understaffed
My duties at the bank were give excellent customer service, manage my till and ensure I was not over or short at the end of the day. We were a busy branch and I had to be able to work the drive up window and the counter.
Pros
Good hours, good benefits
Cons
No advancement
Most days were very busy, there's always work that needs to be done, trainings, meetings, preparing for audits, role playing, and of course helping customers. Not much work life/balance because the branches are always understaffed and unfortunately the little staff that was there was underpaid. This however can attribute to the one good thing I can say about the company, the company did focus on job advancement. They continuously encouraged current associates to move up in the company. They do hire some very good people.
Cons
Long Days, Short Breaks
The day starts with a team huddle in the morning to go over the appointments that are scheduled for the day and to plan when lunches are best to be taken and when. Then the CSR's get ready to open their drawers and complete all the tasks at hand. be prepared for many changes from the team market and from managers. The best part of the day is seeing your regular customers and getting to know them really well so that you can offer products that best suit them. After the day is done with customers there is still work to be done in order to go home for the night. It usually takes about an hour to an hr and half to complete. The hardest part of the job is when you are the only one on the teller line and you get a long line of angry customers that need to be serviced. and there is no help provided. the lunches are very short and sometimes interrupted by management to "help the others". it is questionable if the individual gets to finish in a timely manner. ;but highly unlikely do not expect any Saturdays off unless its vacation. keep in mind that the platform associates sometimes get to rotate their Saturdays off though.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
there are no breaks, constant change of policies by management
Truly enjoyed working for bank of America.. I love how they really dedicate themselves to there employees... They truly put employees first! kudos! .
Very advanced company. Benefits were great. On the job training. Lots of help lines to call. A little pressure for selling loans and accounts and overall customer service can be overwhelming at times. No job security. If management does not like you they will somehow find a way to get rid of you. This particular location had some bad apples but the overall company was prestigious.
Pros
Paid time off.great benefits
Cons
Envious employees and management
Great coworkers and customers as well as great hours, benefits and pay. I learned so much working there and would gladly return if given the opportunity.
Great environment to work in. Coworkers show you the ropes. Customers were great. Very friendly and family-oriented. Felt like a family and there was room for advancement.
I wish to give no additional on bank of America during the time that I worked there. it is what it is . a banking industry providing financial services to its clients.
I enjoy working with people and my coworkers my typical day is make sure I put a smile in someone face give everyone my 100%attention no matter what.it is very diversity company great benefits they match your 401k
Pros
It is very diversity company
Cons
I don’t have one
This was just a temp job. I enjoyed working for them. I did however need full time hours and could only get part time at my location. I was able to pick up hours at other locations. They have amazing benefits and help pay childcare!