Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews in Bronx, NY

It’s a good place to work for if you are into selling products and making your goals. Very repetitive work. Good schedule, we close early on Saturdays and close on sundays.
There is room for growth as long as you have interfaith and motivation for sales. There is a lot of flexibility and you can move around a lot in the company.
severely underpaid. the work pressure was insane and there was no work life balance. great company to start off with but then there are little to no opportunities within the company. boa would much rather hire externally then to promote within. the company has the best benefits i have seen but the pay sucks. also you are allowed paid time off but are strict to when u can take it
Train tellers, balance out tellers. Load up ATMs. Held meetings with tellers before the day started. Overlook deposits and withdrawals. Cash count teller. Prepare for auditors. etc
Benefits
Cons
Ambitious marketing plan and implementation. Room for growth and movement. Strong team environment. Very present within the city and boroughs as well as other places around the country.
It's your typical cashier setting. Management left something to be desired, as he wasn't concerned with improving the branch because he wanted to transfer. The hardest part of the job was just the intensity, we were a very high traffic location. The team I worked with was great. By and large, the regular employee culture is very welcoming.
Pros
good benefits, federal calendar, room for upward mobility
Cons
unpredictable lay offs, after turning their most profitabale quarter the had massive lay offs.
Bank Of America is a great place to work but the low wages are unfair. The culture at Bank of America is a great work environment with many people willing to help but it is very competitive.
Pros
relationship building
Cons
long hours, low wages
bank of america is going digital, they are very high spirited. Also there a quota. Management is great customers are also one of a kind. you'll learn a lot on your first day.
Pros
free accounts
Cons
half an hours lunches only
Great place to work for, benefits are awesome. learned many tasks there. the motivation to reach my daily goals made me a strong and enthusiastic person. Working with clients face to face daily is a great challenge but a very interesting one.
BOA has its ups and downs. They stress tellers about making their numbers, but there is no compensation. They have good benefits, but I feel that they can treat their employees better.
Pros
Healthcare, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Short lunches, understaffed
The company paid for 3 months maternity leave. When I came back to work they sent me to a location too far away that was expensive and extremely inconvenient. They wouldn't let me get a promotion because I was due to give birth soon. Then when I was in my new location they were not understanding about my right to pump milk for my child at work. Overall terrible experience in the last center I worked in.
Typical day was busy and on-going. Filled with different ethnic backgrounds. Learned how to deal with different customer service issues. Learned to speak spanish
Pros
Learned patience
Friendly, close to home, easy to travel to. My manager was kind and considerate and my co workers were supportive. My only regret was there was not enough hours
Pros
Close by
Cons
Not enough hours
If responsible and dedicated you will always do well with Bank of America. Cash handling is a huge responsibility and you must be able to work under pressure.
Pros
Recognition is huge within this company.
Cons
Advancement may depend on affiliation at times.
I hear that now the commission is alot less then when I was there. The products sell themselves. Very fun environment. Just wish they promoted more from within
-A typical day at work included seeing anywhere from 100 to 500 customers a day and helping them reach there financial goals. -I was mentored by great leaders and was able to expand my knowledge of the world of banking. -I was able to learn not only my job but the jobs of the Relationship Managers and the Branch Manager because everyone was open and willing to further your career advancement. -The hardest part of the job was getting to know your clients and what action you had to take to make their experience more pleasant. -The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customers happy and wanting to continue to come back to see me.
I absolutely loved working for Bank of America! As a single mom, the schedule worked for me and the benefits couldn't be beat! I learned what customer service is really about, they trained me very well. The team always motivated each other and always taught each other different ways to make the customers banking experience better than the last.
Pros
The relationship building, customer serive training, opportunities for growth.
They moved me from branch to branch and wanted me to learn new safety procedures for each location and had to prepare for audits at any time.
Professionalism, ethical behavior and excellent customer service was enforced on a daily basis. Associates worked well as a team. I learned discipline in ensuring that the very best service was extended to our customers, and that empathy and relating on a human and honest level was key. Educating the customer on various products was essential.
I love that I learned something new everyday. I was always challenged and that made me want to teach my staff how to grow within the company. I learned to be a strong leader. The hardest part of my job was having to trust your staff to perform the job correctly.
Pros
Competitive, offer great services, great opportunities
Cons
benefits, short breaks
My morning would begin with a line outside the branch, after tending to customers needs deposits, withdraws, payments etc. The branch slows down for a little while, and thats time for us to brainstorm, clean and role play. Management moves around and tends to business. Hardest part of the job would be getting down to the specific problems the customers sometimes propose, most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers walk away with smiles.
Pros
great benefits, great hours, great staff
Cons
More staff, lack of delegacy