Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews in Northbrook, IL

It was an unpaid internship over the summer. The people I worked with were great and I enjoyed the culture. They said I could apply for a job there and would be happy to hire me.
The job challenges you to learn more- great experience working and learning. Scheduling was very flexible. great location with friendly customers and co-workers
poor management, politics, Hiring of friends and family. "Political correctness", lack of competitiveness, many people are leaving for better opportunities with other companies.
Absolutely great place to work. Management is very helpful and supportive of your career path. I found myself in a tough position and struggling to meet my sales goals, but they were more than accommodating and were willing to help me find a different role within the organization better suited for my skill sets.
FA's routinely can say and do as they please. If you are in operations you are looked at as the lowest of the low. CA's get some respect but are overworked and underappreciated. Benefits are decent. Free parking.
Pros
Free parking, occassional free lunch, bonuses good
Cons
Management, jerk FA's
There was no typical day, as it all depended on the stock market. I could either be slammed, or not have a lot to do. I did not like my immediate supervisor. I would have enjoyed the job much more if she wasn't there. My boss didn't like to deal with her either, so her aggressive & bad attitude never changed, and it directly affected my performance and growth.
Pros
Young people.
Cons
Problems were never solved, but rather ignored.
I thoroughly disliked working here. It is extremely political and you are at the mercy of the system. Your future is entirely out of your hands and have to hope to get lucky to succeed here.
-Structure was very corporate -Lack of management/guidance -Very high hurdles per month -Every man for themselves -Skills and licenses obtained for job which was very important
I really enjoyed my time at Merrill Lynch. It was much more than a receptionist or filing and typing job... I was called upon for my intellect and educational background to serve a team of high ranking Financial Consultants within the firm. We did a lot of wealth management and financial planning, and I was responsible for arranging client meetings, travel for my F.C.'s, keeping accurate database records of my Team's expenses and client base, reporting to higher level Management on a daily basis, and fielded client requests personally electronically, on the phone, in person, etc. It was fast paced but also exciting and very interesting. I believe I was given extra responsibilities because of my business background and ability to pick things up quickly, taking on more than straight administrative roles.
Pros
Compensation, appreciation, work environment upbeat and professional, room for advancement from within, extra training given, etc.
Almost everyone is very friendly and helpful at my branch. If you do a good job, management has your back and is there to try to help you however they can. Benefits are wonderful.
Pros
Free lunches, 4 months maternity leave, helpful management, friendly coworkers
Cons
Breaks are rarely ever taken, but badly needed due to high stress industry.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of America?
I learned a lot at this job. It was my first professional setting and it gave my career a good jump start.
Guest standards are great. I learned a great deal of coaching and how to coach. Management was great when you have a team that works together. My team mates were awesome to get along with because we believed in TEAM work. The hardest Thing was not bringing the emotions home if you get yelled at from a customer even thou it had nothing to do with you. Compassion for others and wanting to help but cant. the most enjoyable part of the job was feeling empowered to accomplish anything. The best reward out there
Pros
enhancing different ways to communcate with others on a different level
Cons
to many hands in the cookie jars