Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews in Tampa, FL

I really enjoy my job and the team I am on. I like the job itself even though it can be very demanding. The people I work with are good people and the benefits are good. The pay however is an issue for me. Anybody that works in the mortgage industry shouldn’t be making less than 50k a year and unfortunately most of us do. On top of the pay our bonuses have been taken away. For the work that is expected of us and in comparison of what other banks are paying the pay is a big issue. Also, most banks have announced work from home permanently and unfortunately Bank of America just won’t do that. They will not give a return date or announce when we will work from home permanently, which is pretty sad being we have all the tools we need to stay working from home. These two things are major things that have me considering moving on from this company.
MicromanagementEveryday there was a teammate crying because of the pressure and stress.Traveling to different branches everyday we had no way to connect with client to build a relationship, but we were pressured to show results, schedule follow ups meetings, it make no sense when you don’t know where you will be next day.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement to the limit
Work in the contact center and also speak to financial center associates often. Bad culture to work in, many bank system and associate errors due to high pressure enviornment. Performance goals so high only 1 of 2 people in the entire company can reach. If you do not hit goals, no advancement opportunity. Takes about 7 years to be promoted to senior/ manager from what i observed, which is very slow compared to most companies. Benefits are comparable to any other bank, base pay is a little bit higher however no bonuses.
They truly don't care about their employees. Perfect example of employees are just a number. Better management is needed. Half the time is was 95 degrees in the facility as the air never worked.
Pros
Lunch sometimes
Cons
All the other stuff
Team had goals which we had to meet,but they made it fun. Loved the environment. The mortgage area often provided food and snacks to keep us energized and didnt mind us working out during lunches. This was a great gig.
I’ve Been an employee for over 15 years. I’ll be retiring from here when the time comes. Great pay and benefits. Starting salary is now $18 an hour...
only focused on how quickly you could get a customer off the phone without breaking quality standards. If you needed assistance no managment was willing to help. Live and died by how well you could work the solution center
Pros
bonus
Cons
short breaks
Great Benefits, career growth, family oriented. 401k match. Work life balance. Benefits include, child care reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, healthcare, dental vision. Depending on job pay grade 3 weeks vacation.
Pros
Great Benefits
If you’re looking to work somewhere that you spend 90% of your time being screamed at about overdraft and other fees and like half hour lunches, this job is for you. With mediocre pay.
Pros
None really
Cons
Short lunch, poor training, lack of variety of work, inflexible schedules
Toxic culture, immature management, defines micromanagement, yells at employees, doesn’t care about employees or clients, back stabbing coworkers. Absolutely the worst firm I have ever worked for!!
Pros
None!
Cons
Too many to list
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of America?
It was a great first corporate job. They worked with my school schedule so that I could finish my undergrad. Everyone being in one accord as far as what information to give the customer, definitely needs improving.
The pay is bare minimum and the hours are long. Not much room for growth and work life balance isn’t great but it’s fine for an entry level job I suppose
I was very stress at work a lot of headaches management is not professional at all. I was the only teller even to go to the restroom was not fun at all
I hate this Bank of America job. Always had a fear they will let you go anytime. They say they are helping you. But honestly they are not. Its not ok for regular indexers to make the mistake. But its totally okay for the SME’s to make the mistake and guide trainees the wrong path.
Pros
Cons
The whole company is garbage
If you can bare the high call volume and dealing with customers who have been on hold for 15 minutes, then I would say it a pretty decent job. Great benefits and management not the worst.
High stress lever job with difficult but attainable. The better you do you work the more of others work you get. Great benefits and upper management was good. Too many meetings and too many metrics that prevented you from doing your actual job at times.
Pros
Great Benefits and Decent Salary
Cons
Very corporate
I had an awesome career experience at BofA. The management team (All Levels) was diverse and they made you feel welcomed and part of the family. I had a great Career, Life and Work experience.
Pros
They valued diversity, equity and inclusion.
Cons
N/a
Bank of America was a fun place to work. All of the managers were energetic and cared about everyone as an employee. My manager was very understanding when it came to personal situations. One thing I dislike is that if you bank with them as an employee they will monitor the use of your accounts and if they feel you are abusing your accounts they will let you go. Forced to me.
Pros
Fun, great benefits, pay
Amazing benefits, opportunity to volunteer. Many opportunities to move within the company and learn different skills. Very diverse people working in Mandy different types of environments.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Stressful because you are thrown to the wolves after rushed classroom training which they call The Award Winning Academy which is a joke and they expect you to make no mistakes after a short 2 weeks OJT . If you do it’s a write up and if you don’t have a low AHT , ( average handling time) then you will be on their radar , even if you give great customer service with perfect customer surveys.They will look for ways to write you up and be micromanaged. Worst experience .
Pros
Benefits & pay
Cons
Unfairness, micromanagement, poor training
Great place to work for if you starting your career out in the mortgage industry. Benefits are great, bank paid holiday, three weeks pro and option to purchase one week of pto. Currently not a permanent remote position.