Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews in Tucson, AZ

Bad market management and will not recommend BofA to anybody. Bank of America is another Wells Fargo, pushing sales to clients all the time and if you don’t meet your sales goals daily the manager have to be in call after bank close
Go work for them if you want to become a slave to your work, with high anxiety and blood pressure. If you have a Family you will NEVER see them. Management is required to work 6 days. They only employ 1-2 Tellers per center with endless lines out the door and average 10 hour work days in busy centers. The bankers are constantly bickering and fighting amongst themselves and management over sales and high stress setting. They pay is much higher than all other banks but so is their expectation on results. They cross train employees to perform in different roles but will not always promote so that they don't have to pay a higher salary, in other words they may have a teller that is hybrid banker but is getting paid teller salary to be a banker. They have incentives for meeting sales goals but the sales environment is so toxic no one ever achieves their goals and if they do their colleges hate them for it. There's no work life balance, you clock in at 8am sometimes 7am and leave at 6 or 7pm on busy days. If you call in sick your entire team suffers because of how understaffed all the centers are. If you complain they retaliate. Management can be a hit or miss, if you have a good leader you might tolerate your work settings for short amounts of time till you burn out go on vacation come back rinse and repeat, if you have horrible management you will eventually quit and or be forced out of the company. The benefits are good, but it defeats the purpose of overall employee satisfaction in the workplace. Go work here if you want to die young and bitter.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
High stress enviroment with toxic employees no work-life balance
It is what you expect but worse. Not ethical, management will not support you. Will not put you in position to be successful. Will replace you at drop of a hat.
Really enjoyed time there. Competitive but realistic and dealing with the public at all times so great customer service is a must. Different shifts available with some Saturday morning hours. Family life friendly.
Management rather have an available associate behind a desk not doing anything than actually help assist customers. Promotions based on who you know rather work performance.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
No breaks, short handed, not flexible
Great bank overall managers are great and are focus and the goal is easy to understand and they make it easily achievable. Fast pace but you have all the support you need. Lots of training and practice to grow and understand how banking works
This company was a good stepping stone for me in my career as a financial professional. I have since used these skills to progress to other opportunities
worked there a long time ago. I dont know what the culture is like now. It used to be strictly sales and was handed a phone book and was told to call. It may have changed
While I enjoyed the people I worked with, on a day to day basis, I felt I had poor management. It created a cut-throat atmosphere, and made it uncomfortable and stressful, to be at work. I am a hard worker, and take pride in being able to work well, with most anyone.
Or whatever they refer to themselves as. Very few have any interest in their employees, only looking to exceed whatever metric or widget is in fashion for that week. Sales pressure is as passive aggressive as their "action plans". Middle and upper management are, seemingly oblivious to the changes in the industry, even though the data is readily available. Its a shame, they pay their bankers and tellers pretty well.
Pros
Teammates
Cons
Just about everything else.
My last position was as an Operations Analyst which was most interesting & challenging. I enjoyed it very much. Prior to that I had worked part-time as a teller by preference. Also enjoyable because of my co-workers & customers. Management was typical for a large corporation but my immediate supervisors were very good. Hardest part of the job was confronting people accused of fraud. Most enjoyable was being able to help local managers keep on track with policy & procedures.
Pros
Interesting work, challenging
Cons
low pay for the amount of responsibility
It was a during the down turn in the economy and they truly did not care the the mortgage loan officers were starving with low property values etc. When I left for another bank job else where, there were 3 people left in the local mortgage dept. Later I heard the entire office was shut down due to every loan officer leaving.
Pros
ocasssional lunches
Management is terrible. It's never enough. You hit the numbers and it's never enough. Recently, It has turned into a call center environment. terrible
Pros
insurance
Cons
work life balance
i loved working for bank of america. Only reason I left was because of relocation. It was somewhere I enjoyed going to work. Fun pleasant relaxed place to work.
I have found myself at a road block without the ability to relocate. The opportunities to move up are extremely limited in Tucson. There are plenty of opportunities within consumer banking as well as other lines of business if one would be willing to relocate even as close as Phoenix, however, I am currently not able to relocate.
Great place to work Helped customers with banking needs Great job advancement opportunities Great hours and locations Friendly workplace Great Benifits
It's a fairly cut throat environment, but that was before the most recent lawsuit, so I don't know how it's changed. The policies are constantly changing, so you don't know what to be hunting for from one day to the next.
Pros
Good $$ and benefits
Cons
High pressure, constant policy changes
interns get to work with Advisors and work with them on preparing and learning about client positions as well as complex wealth planning strategies. The company looks for sales oriented individuals and not for Financial or wealth planning backgrounds.
Unrealistic expectations and no outside life. Have to work 6 days a week the first two weeks of every month. Management is terrible and very unprofessional.
Definitely, a place for advancement if you work hard. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people that you work with. I feel everyone is connected no matter how hard the situation is which makes the job stress-free.
For the management or the corporation and what you have to deal with, and the pay you get it isn't worth it. The sales are the only thing that matter - not the customers. Not fun after being pushed so much to make people take what they don't need.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
No room for promotions, management is unprofessional, sales are extreme