Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Assistant Vice President

Assistant Vice President627 reviews

Found 627 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,300 reviews

Good learning and Fun to Work

had a great experience from past 10 years working here as a juinor associate till Assistant Vice President. This company has given me everything which i dreamt of and has grown me in all directions.

good

good work life balance but not latest tech stack to work. people are helpful and encourage but promotions are difficult to get in.

Exciting job with travel experiences

I got the opportunity to travel all over the country and meet a lot of people. Company invested a lot in my training. Work area was nice. Valuable experience. Fun and diverse people to work with on a daily basis.

Good but for short time

Too much stress for nothing, people think they’re important …Facilities management is however very good Nice office

Good work/life balance

Good place to work. Management could be better. Culture is very process-driven which can lead to rigid operation and strategy. Good place to work.

Build a career here

Come here to build a career in financial services. The company is not perfect but offers tremendous options for growth and constantly seeks to improve.

Pros

Benefits, Inclusive, Stability

Hard Pass

I would not recommend working here. The culture is terrible. Little room for movement. Internal hiring process is a joke. There is little to no follow up from the managers.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

All Politics, bad culture

Many opportunities to advance in different responsibility areas

I was able to transfer from branch management to computer company support to sales to department management. Thus acquiring many different job skills.

Pros

Lots of ways to add to my skill levels

Cons

Not a direct path to a specific job

Sressfull demanding job with no clear direction or guidance from upper management

I have been with the company for nearly 10 years. I started out loving my job, the clients and the people I got to work with every day. That has gradually changed every year. Not enough resources (staffing/reliable technology) to do my job effectively. Management is more interested in calls and goals then providing its front line workers the tools needed to do their job. If not for the pandemic I would have left a few years ago. As a manager I am provided a livable wage but the stress and work level are quickly outweighing the benefits. They do provide great medical benefits, vacation benefits would be much better if you didn't have to change them multiple times a year to adjust to the companies needs and lack of preparation.

Pros

Live able wage, great insurance benefits, closed on most major federal holidays

Cons

Upper managetment does not know or care about the people on the front line, technology in the financial centers rarely works, not enough support from constant abuse from clients.

Productive place to work with opportunity to grow. Unlike my previous banking job, everyday is country club casual day. Management teams choose favorites a lot.

Decent pay and benefits, but typical office structure and corporate environment

It's a typical corporate employer. You spend 8-9 hours a day in a cubicle, on a computer, just a cog in the professional machine. Management is more interested in impressing their bosses than seeing you succeed.

Colleagues are wonderful. Management, not so much.

You will have a hard time finding a workplace culture similar to BOA. I have been in the industry almost 20 years, at various organizations, and I have never experienced this level of comaraderie. Unfortunately, a lot of the departments have skilled managers who lack leadership skills. A subordinate may develop anxiety from top management, which is understandable considering the sensitive nature and high regulation of the industry, so it is, somewhat, expected. The managers seem more task oriented than people; for some, this is unfortunate because it is obvious they are not naturally task oriented. In short, the people manipulators rise while the people influencers sit somewhere in the middle, just not with a senior level responsibility.

Good opportunities

Overall it is a good place to work. There are opportunities to learn and advance. The downside is there is a lot of inefficiencies and people who do not know what they’re doing.

Fast past, work hands, learn as you go,

I enjoyed my time at BOA great place to work I worked remote when needed and had flex hours and that helped me tremendously to balance work/life. gas pace, learn as you go, culture is great people are friendly and attentive some are willing to help when needed.

Pros

Flex time, remote work

Cons

Change often, procedures are long, delay process, .

Good Place to work

I have been working with the bank for 11years. Like any employer there are good and bad management you just have to know who you are dealing with. With Covid happening they have been very supportive and making sure that we are all safe. We have been working from home and periodically they will check on the team.

Productive, but stressful environment

Benefits and team atmosphere are top notch, as well as support from local leaders when called upon. Customer & associate relationships bring fulfillment to the job and shine some positive light into the branches. BUT, upper level management is quite detached from the day to day realities, their expectations are extremely high with intense pressure from top to bottom. If you thrive in a chaotic atmosphere that changes daily, enjoy reaching for higher and higher goals, and being compensated for growth that quickly becomes not enough, then this is the place for you.

Pros

benefit package, dependable company, advancement opportunities

Cons

no work/life balance, intentional staff shortages

Best place to work!

I have worked for Bank of America for over 20 years and was laid off I enjoyed my time there great benefits great people great culture I’m trying to apply for jobs to get back to employment

Pros

Work life balance A+

Cons

I was laid off

Stable job and great people to work with

I was with Bank of America for about 5 years as a developer. Job was stable, workload was good and people were very professional and nice to work with.

Pros

Good technologies used

Cons

No internal mobility

Inclusive environment and offers opportunities for growth

I worked at Bank of America for nearly four years. This company offered plenty of resources to do the job effectively and opportunities for growth. Systems were put in place to prevent human error and to make processes more streamlined. There’s a heavy workload but my team was collaborative and helpful.

Excellent learning company regarding jobs and personal life.

Classes to keep you informed. Classes a person may take to improve employment sucess. Reviews with immediate Supervisors to inform progress on the job. Working with people from all parts of the world. Management willing to work with regarding periods.

Pros

Meetings to keep you informed. Good on the job training.

Cons

Good health care plans

Productive and Fun Workplace

I loved working here. No cons. Collaborative workplace, fantastic colleagues and very good support form the manager. Sometimes work can get hectic, but thats no big deal honestly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bank of America
  • Assistant Vice President
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?