Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Assistant Vice President

had a great experience from past 10 years working here as a juinor associate till Assistant Vice President. This company has given me everything which i dreamt of and has grown me in all directions.
Productive place to work with opportunity to grow. Unlike my previous banking job, everyday is country club casual day. Management teams choose favorites a lot.
It's a typical corporate employer. You spend 8-9 hours a day in a cubicle, on a computer, just a cog in the professional machine. Management is more interested in impressing their bosses than seeing you succeed.
You will have a hard time finding a workplace culture similar to BOA. I have been in the industry almost 20 years, at various organizations, and I have never experienced this level of comaraderie. Unfortunately, a lot of the departments have skilled managers who lack leadership skills. A subordinate may develop anxiety from top management, which is understandable considering the sensitive nature and high regulation of the industry, so it is, somewhat, expected. The managers seem more task oriented than people; for some, this is unfortunate because it is obvious they are not naturally task oriented. In short, the people manipulators rise while the people influencers sit somewhere in the middle, just not with a senior level responsibility.
Overall it is a good place to work. There are opportunities to learn and advance. The downside is there is a lot of inefficiencies and people who do not know what they’re doing.
I enjoyed my time at BOA great place to work I worked remote when needed and had flex hours and that helped me tremendously to balance work/life. gas pace, learn as you go, culture is great people are friendly and attentive some are willing to help when needed.
Pros
Flex time, remote work
Cons
Change often, procedures are long, delay process, .
I have been working with the bank for 11years. Like any employer there are good and bad management you just have to know who you are dealing with. With Covid happening they have been very supportive and making sure that we are all safe. We have been working from home and periodically they will check on the team.
Benefits and team atmosphere are top notch, as well as support from local leaders when called upon. Customer & associate relationships bring fulfillment to the job and shine some positive light into the branches. BUT, upper level management is quite detached from the day to day realities, their expectations are extremely high with intense pressure from top to bottom. If you thrive in a chaotic atmosphere that changes daily, enjoy reaching for higher and higher goals, and being compensated for growth that quickly becomes not enough, then this is the place for you.
Pros
benefit package, dependable company, advancement opportunities
Cons
no work/life balance, intentional staff shortages
I have worked for Bank of America for over 20 years and was laid off I enjoyed my time there great benefits great people great culture I’m trying to apply for jobs to get back to employment
Pros
Work life balance A+
Cons
I was laid off
I was with Bank of America for about 5 years as a developer. Job was stable, workload was good and people were very professional and nice to work with.
Pros
Good technologies used
Cons
No internal mobility
I worked at Bank of America for nearly four years. This company offered plenty of resources to do the job effectively and opportunities for growth. Systems were put in place to prevent human error and to make processes more streamlined. There’s a heavy workload but my team was collaborative and helpful.
Classes to keep you informed. Classes a person may take to improve employment sucess. Reviews with immediate Supervisors to inform progress on the job. Working with people from all parts of the world. Management willing to work with regarding periods.
Pros
Meetings to keep you informed. Good on the job training.
Cons
Good health care plans
I loved working here. No cons. Collaborative workplace, fantastic colleagues and very good support form the manager. Sometimes work can get hectic, but thats no big deal honestly.
It’s a very large and complex organization and if you’re not in front office, NYC location is probably not the best for upward mobility - Charlotte is the place to be if you work outside of a client facing role. Front office function has a great NYC culture.
Working with Bank of America was good. I enjoyed going into work in a fast paced environment. I enjoyed the people I worked with very much. I would still be with the company if they had not sold the banks in my area.
day to day issue, facing different problems and get it solves everyday are so much fun. monitor every single transaction and improve work sim, Remittance Dept. have so much to learn (MT103, 202,900 etc.) investigation different error from Global, monitor Cash transaction over the counter. under AML compliance.
Great workplace culture which requires flexibility and adaptability to succeed. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work across multiple business lines.
Bank of America stresses volunteerism at work. Strong guidelines for doing one's job, but no thinking outside the box. Strong heavy handed management style.
They really care about their employees and promote a good work life balance. They also offer great benefits and work with your to advance your career.
If you are straight out of High school and would like to learn more about banking its a great job to start. Sell sell sell is the mantra, so be prepered
Bank of America is a great bank to work for. They value their employees and treat them fairly. I appreciate working here. I would recommend to a friend
  1. Assistant Vice President