Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews for Bank Clerk

Fast Paced specially Friday, Saturday & end of the month. My manger & his Assistant had experience & always there to help. Friendly co workers like family & support each other. Need know how to multitask.
Pros
Good benefits & pay
Cons
Refferals
Bank of America taught me many things. One major skill asset I learned was elite customer service. You are taught and trained throughout your entire employment career the essentials of delivering customer service.
Benefits
Cons
pay
No don’t do it. Short breaks pay is ok. Lots of drama occurs on a day to day basis. Why does this always happen I can’t seem to understand I like the front
Pros
Pay
Cons
One break
Great company to work for great benefits and paid time off, friendly co workers. You learn something new everyday on the job and get to put smiles on faces of many clients.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Short breaks
The pay is bare minimum and the hours are long. Not much room for growth and work life balance isn’t great but it’s fine for an entry level job I suppose
During my time with this company, I worked at two different locations. I requested to be transferred from the first location in hopes that the management would be better. Unfortunately, the management at both locations was similar. They did not offer much guidance and were often condescending toward customers and employees. We were understaffed throughout the day (customers complained about this frequently). The environment was very fast-paced and stressful. Benefits were offered to full-time employees. Weekly hours for part-time employees were irregular. Tellers stood the entire duration of their shifts (no chairs/stools were provided). The wage/salary for tellers and bankers was low despite all of the responsibilities. The rest of my co-workers and I made the best out of it and helped each other. Overall, I wouldn't recommend working for Bank of America unless you need to gain 1-2 years of experience and are willing to deal with the daily headaches.
Pros
benefits for full-time employees
Cons
poor management, low wage/salary, fast-paced, stressful
It was a great job until new management came in and rules of pushing product after product got annoying for our customers. I would work for a banking environment in another city.
It was a great experience being about to work as a team to promote products and services to our customers. It was also great to be able to problem-solve when assisting customers to ensure their satisfaction with our bank.
I am very happy with my work team and my manager the time I was working there, because thanks to them As a CSR I learned how to be: more competitive,handling the bank's internal operations and being able to spot and prevent fraudulent behavior I feel very thankful with Bank of America that gave me the opportunity to work for them and helping to develop my career there.
Pros
great schedules ( generally allowedme to be off nights, weekends and holidays)
Cons
those who work at the bank are in danger of robbery
Greatly career path Opportunity to grow within Great pay rate You can start a career with this company. The things you lessen work fire this company you can apply to everyday life.
This company has the best support I've seen in a very long time. You actually feel like a part of a family not just a team. You are always learning something new. It's a great place to work.
Excellent job opportunity to learn and develop your skills. Great benefits great management. Learned a lot about how to retail banking system works and how banks make decisions about credits , loans etc. work environment depends on what branch you are located and also is constantly changing with employees transferring and moving up
I loved the people, the atmosphere, the pay, the benefits, and the opportunity. I would highly recommend Bank of America as a work place. They train and move you up fast, as well as encourage schooling.
Go work for them if you want to become a slave to your work, with high anxiety and blood pressure. If you have a Family you will NEVER see them. Management is required to work 6 days. They only employ 1-2 Tellers per center with endless lines out the door and average 10 hour work days in busy centers. The bankers are constantly bickering and fighting amongst themselves and management over sales and high stress setting. They pay is much higher than all other banks but so is their expectation on results. They cross train employees to perform in different roles but will not always promote so that they don't have to pay a higher salary, in other words they may have a teller that is hybrid banker but is getting paid teller salary to be a banker. They have incentives for meeting sales goals but the sales environment is so toxic no one ever achieves their goals and if they do their colleges hate them for it. There's no work life balance, you clock in at 8am sometimes 7am and leave at 6 or 7pm on busy days. If you call in sick your entire team suffers because of how understaffed all the centers are. If you complain they retaliate. Management can be a hit or miss, if you have a good leader you might tolerate your work settings for short amounts of time till you burn out go on vacation come back rinse and repeat, if you have horrible management you will eventually quit and or be forced out of the company. The benefits are good, but it defeats the purpose of overall employee satisfaction in the workplace. Go work here if you want to die young and bitter.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
High stress enviroment with toxic employees no work-life balance
It can be hard dealing with customers and sales goals, but if you work hard towards the company goals there are great benefits and bonuses. It can be very rewarding at times
The Leadership team there showed great leadership skills and is always helping and assisting others employee to give our customers great customer service
The job challenges you to learn more- great experience working and learning. Scheduling was very flexible. great location with friendly customers and co-workers
It’s a good place to work for if you are into selling products and making your goals. Very repetitive work. Good schedule, we close early on Saturdays and close on sundays.
They forced tellers to sell and open accounts and when they didn’t they got written up. Training at the time was horrible and the manager made you feel less of a person not to mention they would allow customers to speak to employees in a rude manner I for one had to deal with people ignorance. I didn’t feel safe nor wanted there. So when I was fired unfairly I was happy about it. Sad but so true.
Loved working here as a teller. I had a great team and we got along extremely well. I have no complaints about this specific branch. Would recommend it.
Management cares more about the number of sales. Micro managing is intense on a daily basis. Pay is low but expectations are high. No Christmas Party provided by the company
Pros
Cons
Micro managing, sell sell and sell